Sunday, July 30, 2006

Welcome to Kev's Corner


Welcome to the first post, the "maiden" post, if you will, at "Kev's Corner." First, about the name...I have to give credit where credit is due. While on "holiday" this spring in London, I learned that the names "Kevin" and "Tracey" carry a negative connotation across the pond. Apparently, the names "Kevin," which they shorten to "Kev," and "Tracey" are synonymous with white trash. I know, hard to believe isn't it? I am certain it was Federline who hurt us, but I consider this an accolade and say, "BRING IT ON" "KEV I AM" or "I AM KEV." Although I used to get annoyed when people would call me "Kev." This reminds me of a time I was dating (OK, just having sex with) someone, and apparently said, in my sleep, "I KNOW MY NAME IS KEVIN." I guess this freaked him out a bit. He woke me up, startled, and asked me what my "real" name was. I have to ask...Who would make up a name like "Kevin" anyway? If I said my name was "Star Gazing Lightening Bolt" then wake me up and ask to see my ID.

Anyway, to Jean, my friend across the pond, I say "THANKS" for naming "Kev's Corner." You're the "mutt's nuts" mate! (That's British slang for, "You're awesome, friend.")

While I don't think this blog should replace your daily dose of CNN or be referenced as a reliable source for, well, anything, I do hope that you will laugh, or cry (whatever mood you are in) along with me, share your thoughts/comments and simply enjoy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter