Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Stevie Nicks


Anyone who knows "Kev" (that's me) knows the life-long obsession "Kev" (again, me) has had with Stevie Nicks...I can't explain it, don't understand it, but I L-O-V-E, LOVE this woman and everything she sings. I have connected with her music and it has touched me. She is, to me, the best poet, ever...

A long time ago, when I was a young man, I often had dreams of meeting Stevie. Exciting? Yes! The dreams, however, were a little scary, as some dreams are, and entailed me chasing Stevie, never to catch her. That dream, however, has been realized. No, not the one of me chasing her you silly... The one of MEETING her! "Kev" first met Stevie in 2000 and has met her four times since. Shaking her hand from the front row has also become common place and I cannot even tell you how many times I have been fortunate enough to do this. Each time I have met Stevie (and talked with her backstage), she has been VERY gracious, VERY kind, and VERY "cool." Just what you would expect from a Rock 'n Roll icon. "Kev" has also seen Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac for a combined total of 37 times throughout his 25, OK, 30, alright, 39 years...She is my "Elvis."



Now I dream that we are friends and we sit at the piano together singing her songs and writing new ones, usually about the men in our lives, who, as Stevie would say, are "priests of nothing."

Stevie Nicks's music has been in my life since the age of 7. I even have a picture, as a child, of myself standing in front of a Fleetwood Mac poster in my bedroom. A little "gay?" Maybe.

This is the first, in what I suspect of many, posts devoted to Stevie and her music.

Stevie is touring this summer (in select cities) with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and the reviews have been FANTASTIC. For those of you here in Atlanta, Stevie will join Tom Petty at Hi Fi Buys on Friday, September 22nd.

To learn all about Stevie and her music, visit her official site at www.nicksfix.com.

Watch Stevie perform "Dreams" by clicking HERE.

Remember, "When the rain washes you clean, you'll know. You will know."

As Stevie would say, "Much love..."

(and then she would draw a heart)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter