Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday's HOT Guy...


Welcome BACK bitches!

How's everyone doing? We hope you're SWELL!

You may have noticed that "Kev" hasn't been writing too much this week. He (again, that's me) has been SUPER busy. Just a lot going on both at home and the office.

For anyone who knows me, you know that like "papa," "Kev" is also a "rolling stone" and wherever he lays his hat, is his home. In addition to pursuing a new career opportunity, I am also house hunting. I like to change jobs and relocate once a year, so I am about due for both... So, now you understand the lack of substance here this week.

Other than that, we (and this time I am really referring to more than myself and/or my fictitious staff) are counting the days (7, to be exact) to RICKY MARTIN! As you may have read previously, Ricky will be performing here in Atlanta on May 4th and "Kev" and friend Elizabeth will be in the THIRD ROW! If you have never seen Ricky perform live, GO!

Okay, on to the topic you all stopped in for (except you straight guys, like Mr. C.)... Friday's "HOT Guy!"

Today's "HOT Guy" is the one and only Elvis Presley!

If you caught American Idol on Wednesday, then you may have seen this very cool duet of "If I Can Dream" with Elvis and one of my favorite canucks, Celine Dion.



Pretty neat, eh?

Here's another (sexier) version...



Most people my age never had the chance to see Elvis perform live.

Yes, I am going to brag a little bit more now. "Kev" DID in fact see Elvis in concert the very summer of his death. You see, "Kev's" mom was a HUGE Elvis fan so "Kev" was lucky enough to see Elvis perform live, if only once.

Anyhoo, I remember the music that played before the King came on stage... 2001 - A Space Odyssey. (They play this at my office before I arrive each day as well.) I also remember hearing those famous last words everyone has heard when the show ended - "Elvis has left the building." (I am certain they say this at the office when I leave each day too.)

"Kev" has also been to Graceland several times, including before and after Elvis's death. (Honestly, I have been there about two too many times, if you know what I mean.)

Since his death, Elvis was the "top-earning dead celebrity" according to Forbes Magazine UNTIL 2006, when Kurt Cobain earned the number one spot. Did you know Elvis weighed 350 pounds at the time of his death? That's true.

Everyone has a favorite Elvis song, right? What's yours? Mine is "Polk Salad Annie," which I have aptly renamed "Polk Salad Kevie." I have to admit, I never really understood all of the words Elvis was singing (and had to fill in a phrase or two) but it reminded me of potato salad. A nice summer treat, right? I know now that "Polk Salad Annie" (or "Kevie," whichever you prefer) is about a poor Southern girl (like "Kev") who did in fact eat a type of salad that poor Southern girls eat.



We hope you enjoy these pictures of Elvis and we hope you have a GR-EAT Saturday.

Much love.

And, oh -

"Kev" has left the building (or "Corner").

For those of you domestic types, please enjoy this recipe.

Polk Salad (Kevie)

3 lb Polk salad -- fresh
1 md Onion -- diced
1 tb Baking soda
1/2 c Bacon fat
3 Eggs

Note: Polk Salad is a spinach type vegetable that
grows wild in the woods. Dissolve the baking soda into
a pot of boiling water. Add Polk salad and cook for
3 minutes. Drain and discard the water. In a FRESH
pot of boiling water, cook the Polk salad until it is
limp and looks like cooked spinach. Heat the bacon fat in a skillet, add onions, the Polk salad, and the eggs, and sauté until eggs are done.






2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Elvis song is "A Little Less Conversation". There is a remix version out there that I particularly like. In fact, I worked out to it today!

As for my defining "Sar" word, I am still working on it. How about you, Kev? I think I have it, but don't know if I actually have my "final answer".

11:46 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey Princess!
I like that song too. It was from one of his movies and wasn't released as a single until 2000. That song earned millions of dollars for the Presley estate. (I read all about it whilst searching for pictures.) I also like "In The Ghetto." Have a GR-EAT weekend!
Kevin

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter