Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Goodbye.


Hey you sexy bitches! WELCOME BACK to the "Corner."

"We" hope YOU had a nice Christmas.

As you know, we like to celebrate people here. We mention those people who have touched us, we (try to) acknowledge birthdays, special events and sometimes, unfortunately, "we" report that a loved one has left us. Today, sadly, the latter is the case.

One of my best (if not THE best) friends here in Atlanta is a genuine, kind, fun soul, whom I refer to as my "sistah." My "sistah's" name is Ken and he is someone very special to me and many others. Simply put - he is loved by the masses. Ken has been the primary caregiver to his older brother Jerry, who suffered a heart condition for many years. If you have read the blog for some time, you might recall reading about Jerry, who was awaiting a heart transplant. Last week, Jerry's transplant status was moved to "A1," which means he was in the hospital, next in line to receive his heart. Sadly, Jerry passed away on Sunday before the transplant could ever take place, leaving behind his children, mother, sister, and brother, as well as those who knew and loved him. I was fortunate to meet Jerry on several occasions and can tell you that like his brother, he possessed a kind spirit, great sense of humor and was an inspiration for those around him. My heart hurts for Ken and his family and for the loss of Jerry. As I am writing this, I recall the last thing Jerry said to me the last time I saw him a few months ago, which I am not even sure I shared with Ken, which was "Take care of my brother."

You will be missed Jerry.

I hope you all have a good New Year's Eve - be safe.

Love -

Kevin

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay family said...

Oh Kevin, what a beautiful post. You made me tear up... I am so sorry for your loss, and for Ken's loss.

That is a very sad story.

It doesn't feel right to say "Happy New Year" after that, but you'll know what I mean.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kevin, sorry to hear about jerry. i will say that my eyes welled up with tears. hope you have a safe and happy new years. P

10:58 AM  
Blogger dmarie said...

oh kevin, i'm so sorry. it's so hard to lose a friend...and especially a sibling. my thoughts are with you and ken and jerry's family.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everyone. Thanks for your comments. I know Ken will read this at some point in the future and know he will appreciate your thoughts.
Kevin

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter