Sunday, November 09, 2008

Anniversaries (Of Sorts)


Happy SUNDAY (bitches)!

How are YOU? "We" are s-w-e-l-l!

This coming week is super "special." TWO of our friends are celebrating milestone birthdays! Yes, it's exciting - they will both turn 40! Come back later in the week to find out who they are (and to celebrate and wish them each a "happy" day).

Some of you lucky bastards here in Atlanta are at the Tina Turner concert RIGHT NOW. Since I'm shoring up my own economy (thanks "Princess," for drawing that comparison), I am not attending. I also feel a little duped, I have to say. I saw Tina's "farewell" tour more than twice (okay, just twice) and really thought that was it. Anyways, I hope you "Proud Mary's" (like that tie in), if you were there, enjoyed the show.

Today is full of "anniversaries" of sorts... My super nice Grandfather (who lives on in my memory) passed away on this day in 2000. It was also on THIS day in 2004 that my home in Phoenix was burgled. We refer to this as the "brutal home invasion." While I could dwell on the tragedy of being robbed (and I did), what I remember MOST is how my friends Donna and Tim (and Rosie) (a.k.a. Kitten, Tiger and L'il Kitty) rallied around me, took me in, (fed me) and got me through. Yes, I'm dramatic. Luckily, I am not the first gay (or little girl) they have encountered so they were well equipped to deal with the "why me's" and crying spells... (I would tie any/every conversation back to the burglary. A toilet paper commercial would have me lament, "Well at least they left the toilet paper!") Very annoying, I'm sure, but in the end I think we all laughed about it. Anyhoo, THANK YOU (again) Donna and Tim. Finally, on a lighter note (literally), it was exactly 6 months ago TODAY that I started my new lifestyle (you know, healthy eating/exercise and talking about it incessantly) resulting in losing... 50 pounds! (Why didn't any of you tell me how fat I was!?; Alright, some of you did, I just didn't listen.) You should know, I can run like a gay-zelle now!

Okay, what else is going on? Britney's looking good, right? It's nice to see her getting her life together. ("We" care. "We" do.)

TODAY is Nick Lachey's 35th birthday and it is also the birthday of his girlfriend Vanessa Minillo. (I don't know how to spell "Minillo," nor do I care enough to spend the time looking it up - "The Amazing Race" is starting and that's more important at this moment in time.)

Alright kids, it's time to get outta here. YOU have a good Monday, would ya?

Hugs and love -

"Kev"

6 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

gay-zelle...that is great. i really need to turn my life around and start eating and exercising but with 2 kids i have no chance of emptying my life of chicken nuggets and french fries lol. Have a great monday!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhh...the memories of the "brutal home invasion"...sitting together on the couch to watch tv at night, dinners together, you in the tiny bed...i miss that! :)

it was a scary night, and i'm glad we could be there to help. thank goodness those stupid burglars didn't have the sense to take the stevie stuff...

FIFTY pounds!! you look amazing! congrats. tim is on the elliptical right now. i am in my jammies. maybe i'll start my lifestyle change tomorrow... xxoo

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps...isn't that also when you and tim created "meatloaf quesadillas"? or did tim create and you were just polite? :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Courtney -
THANKS for stoppin in'! I am jealous - I love chicken nuggets (how could anyone not like something called a "nugget?")
KITTEN!!
The meatloaf quesadilla's were all Tim's! (Only a straight guy would invent such a thing.)
When I think back to that very scary night, I remember how kind/gentle you were with me, helping me load up what was left of my worldly possessions (one signed Stevie Nicks picture) to bring to the safety of your home. I will never, ever forget your/Tim's kindness.
I love you!
Uncle K-Dog

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right back atcha, baby!! it was our privilege to be able to be there for you.

11:07 AM  
Blogger j tana ford said...

hilarious. but being bugled is never any fun. Gay-zelle is classic and I think it's spelled "Milano" but keep in mind that's my stab in the dark.

ooh!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter