Thursday, November 06, 2008

I Want My MTV


Hey KIDS! Welcome! C'mon in.

The article below was sent to me today and I thought I would share it with YOU...

Do you remember when MTV actually played music videos? Now you don't have to: The company's new website has posted pretty much every video that MTV ever aired, and all of them are free (and legal) to watch.

You'll see spare-no-expense epics (Michael Jackson's "Thriller" just celebrated its 25th anniversary), bare-bones relics (e.g., Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart"), and early work by some of today's most interesting directors (we're especially fond of Michel Gondry's videos for Björk). You can also revisit Unplugged and watch classic Video Music Awards performances by Madonna, TLC, and Kanye West. The network's attitude toward copyright-infringing sites like YouTube appears to be: "If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em." Works for us. Quick — to the video vault!

I WANT MY MTV.

(MTV in Europe actually DOES play music videos, and new ones, so I don't know why it isn't the same here?)

Anyhoo, THIS is the first video I watched. (Have I mentioned that I love Stevie Nicks lately?) It's exactly what I am thinking today...

Adios!

"Kev"

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay family said...

Fantastic!!!!

This is sure to be a gold mine for me. Thanks for posting this. I'm sure Dave will get a huge kick out of it too.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter