Monday, January 05, 2009

Beautiful Child


HAPPY MONDAY YOU DIRTY BASTARDS (and everyone else)! THIS is our 600th post! (Believe me or squeeze me, it's true.)

If you stopped in to read anything of substance today, again, my apologies - still got a bad case of the writer's block... Here's hoping it will pass in 2009! (This blog used to be so much fun, wasn't it?)

Anyways, those of you who read this from time to time know that I love music. Good music/bad music, I don't care, I'll take it all. I could live within the lyrics of a song and every day life usually reminds me of one, especially a Stevie Nicks song. When I was a younger Stevie Nicks fan, I would assign one of her songs to the people/friends in my life. It became "their" song and once I assigned it, it could never be "assigned" to anyone ever again (I like to follow crazy rules I set for myself). For example, the song "Gypsy," while you may not know this, in Stevie's words, is about that one special friendship that only comes along once in your lifetime.. "Lightening strikes once, maybe twice." While you may not have known that unless I told you, it's TRUE. So, the song "Gypsy" reminds me of my very best friend, JoAnn. It's her song and when I hear it, it reminds me of her, although she is the exact OPPOSITE of an actual gypsy (she's very clean, has hired help and has lived in the same home for the past 16 years, which is, of course, very un-gypsy like, but you get the idea). The song "Sara" reminds me of, well, my friend Sara (not just because it's her name...). The song "Go Your Own Way" (sort of mean spirited, I suppose) is my song for my best ex-BF, Steve. The song "No Spoken Word," I think, is about Hurricane Katrina... "That August dark, dark day with the wind and the rain and the water." And... (are you bored yet?) "Trouble In Shangri-La" reminds me of 9/11... "The ones who walk away try to love again." (It's eerie because that song was released just before 9/11 and Stevie was on tour in Manhattan when the Twin Towers were attacked and she even delivered food to rescue workers.) I digress but you get the idea.

Anyhoo, the song below, "Beautiful Child," is also one of my favorites and it too reminds me of someone "special" (not you though). Yes, I'm crazy... (I have enjoyed this song for years but am glad I hadn't "assigned" it to anyone until today. It captures exactly how I feel about the person it is intended for.)

Anyway, enjoy the song. Maybe it will remind YOU of someone in your life (or just make you think of me, which is okay too.)

The "Beautiful Child" above is, once again, my friend Carrie's daughter, Amanda, whom you have seen here at "The Corner" before. When I wrote this post earlier this evening, I included another picture of David Beckham (you can never go wrong with David Beckham in my opinion). However, when I saw the picture you now see (on Carrie's blog), I thought it fit the subject of the post more perfectly, because Amanda, too, is a beautiful child. I love her.

Asta lavista,

Senor Kev

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay family said...

I know that kid! ;)

Funny, because I read your blog last night really quickly before bed (but didn't watch the video.) There was a man as the photo..

Now this morning I went back to watch the video, and poof! There she is!

I'd better not tell her that she's on the "front page" again. She'll get a big head.

Love you!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Lindsay family said...

BTW, I have never heard that song before... What album is it from? I like it.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey Carrie!
I love the picture (actually, all pictures) of Amanda. I am in love with her! The song is from Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" album. I think I have the sheet music if you want it.
Hugs and love -
Kevin

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter