Thursday, January 08, 2009

Blue Denim


Hey EVERYONE (that includes you)! What's up? What's going on? What'dya know?

I liked Monday's post so much (the picture, the song) that I didn't want to write again for several days. I hope YOU watched Fleetwood Mac perform "Beautiful Child," which is a really, really beautiful song and one of my all-time favorites. The song has new meaning to me and I l-o-v-e, love it. (I researched what Stevie intended when she wrote that song and my association and interpretation is spot on! I won't tell you though - you create your own meaning. It's fun.)

TODAY, I got nothin'. That's right, nothin'. Been home sick with a cold a couple of days, hosted a party for about 50 of my closest neighbors (and some random people from other near by buildings) last night, so I am fresh out of anything to share with you tonight. ALTHOUGH, I will tell you... many of these people have never been inside my place. My Stevie Nicks obsession is somewhat obvious, especially because I put additional pictures out for the party, and played only Stevie Nicks music for 4 hours. They were TRAPPED! I locked the door and regaled them with Stevie Nicks stories. It was fun until some dumb son-of-a-mother spilled wine on my rug. He kept asking me to name my "favorite" Stevie Nicks song and I told him, "I don't do that" so I think he was mad and spilled it on purpose. Just a theory.


The picture above was taken in... you are so smart, I couldn't fool you, right... Paris, in October. I actually did not take this picture, but my good friend Scott did. (My pictures include the signature bus rail found in every shot.) Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy the picture as much as I do.

Finally, Fleetwood Mac's "Unleashed" tour starts in March! For those of you in Chicago, they will be performing at the Allstate Arena on Thursday, March 5th. Nope, I won't be there this time because... Britney Spears will be here in the ATL (can I get a "woop woop" and a "hey now little sister" - okay, I'm drunk on NyQuil (did you get that sense yet?). No lie, we almost got kicked out of a Wal-Mart on Tuesday because of me and my NyQuil high... Something about talking too loud. I don't know. I was like "Seriously? It's Wal-Mart?" Those courtesy people aren't always courteous (and I mentioned that). I had to shout over most of those screaming kids to my friend Scott who had me running up and down aisles for him.) I'm really off track here people. Anyway, go see Fleetwood Mac when they come to your town. Kev (that's me!) will be seeing them in Atlanta with friend Zane.

Finally, here is another Stevie Nicks song that I love, called "Blue Denim." It didn't win much critical acclaim when it was released in 1994, but I like it a lot. It too, reminds me of someone (okay, they ALL remind me of one person or another) so it is extra special. It was actually written about Lindsey Buckingham (the "bright eyes" she is singing about belong to him). The quality isn't the best (why can't these YouTube people get it right?) but I hope you like it.

Have a GREAT Friday.

Hugs (not drugs, unless it's NyQuil) -

Kevin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev:
You were hysterical last night and at the Wal-Mart. I do prefer you semi drunk like this, but think an intervention is needed - put down the NyQuil and turn off that music. No one, not even Stevie, should listen to that much Stevie Nicks. It ain't right.
See you later.
-S

9:47 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

LOL - You are a funny man.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Lindsay family said...

Nyquil or not, you are a hoot! I'm laughing as I envision the "captive (captured?) audience" as you played Stevie all night. :)

Good luck with the wine stain! Seems like I have a fail-safe solution for that somewhere, but I have no idea where!

And for some reason, I just cannot picture you in a Walmart!!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

You know what, I meant to mention, I DON'T shop at Wal-Mart (ever). I didn't even know where one was. My friend got a Wal-Mart gift card for Christmas and since I was home sick that day, he asked me to come along. I bought the book, "How Wal-Mart Is Destroying America (and the world)," of course they sell it at Target, but haven't read it yet. I am loving the pics of the girls on your blog. I feel like I am there every day!! Hugs to you.

5:40 PM  
Blogger dmarie said...

i can't wait to see the Mac here in phoenix. i don't think it's scheduled yet, but stevie always performs here when she's out on tour. hmmmm...

hope you're feeling better!!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I just wanted to comment that you're not the only one who plays nothing but Stevie's music at your parties! Any of my friends who weren't already fans are now, and most can recite the popular lyrics. I'm so proud of them ;)

I have a new Stevie Nicks fan site you might find interesting. Check it out if you like.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter