Monday, December 18, 2006

Evolution of "Kev"


Welcome back YOU! It's Monday, once again... One week until CHRISTMAS (YAY!).

"Kev" was digging through the archives (i.e., old suitcase in the closet) over the weekend and thought he would share his school ID's from the 7th grade through college. (The ID card from grad school at UIC is missing - I don't know where the hell it went to but I didn't complete the grad program anyway, so perhaps it was tossed for that reason.)

I actually wrote this post yesterday and included "memories" from each of the years... Unfortunately, I did not save the post correctly and it was lost. In hindsight, that may have been a good thing since I may or may not have been drinking and may or may not have shared WAY too much with you and all of the strangers in cyber space...

Instead, I will simply share these photo ID's. I will say that I miss having hair, even if it is bad, unruly 80's hair... When I dream, which is often, and sometimes while awake, I always have a perfect, full head of beautiful hair. I have heard that when an amputee dreams, they dream of them self as having whatever limb was lost, so it's that same phenomenon... I used to twirl my hair in my fingers when I would read or do homework. I miss that.

Here is "Kev's" evolution, from 13 - 20 anyway...

I hope everyone has a great week! (Send me YOUR pictures! I am running low.)



Finally, in 1986 - 1987, "Kev" was majoring in radio at Columbia College in Chicago. The curriculum included learning every aspect of broadcasting. Click HERE to hear (and see) the song "Kev" played over and over and over again, as sort of a "signature" song... I still love this song today...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygosh! I still have my middle school ID. That's when we met. We can put them next to each other and imagine us walking around school laughing.

Today is not only Hot Guy Alum Brad Pitt's birthday, but Princess' Creepy Hot Guy Nominee Ray Liotta's. A lot of H-O-T was born on this day!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice trip down memory lane. That's a George Clooney smirk at Elmherst College if I ever saw one.

I'm sure you were admired the boys and broke the hearts of the ladies.... P

11:11 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

It's Brad Pitt's B-day?? How could we have missed that? (Someone here at the Corner is gonna get fired..Heads are gonna roll..) YES, send me your ID. I will post it. Send the pic with Billy Corgan too. I am sure everyone would love to see that. As a matter of fact, when I am home next week, let's scan all of your pictures, since I really am running out. Love ya!!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Thanks P! It was more of a "what the hell am I doing here?" look (which is used in a couple of these pictures.)

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were on the same bus route (7) in middle school. Billy was on that route, too. We had that very unpleasant bus driver who would pull over if it got too loud and just sit there with a book. It took forever to get home. I bet her name was Patti.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

I remember her! Wasn't her name "Rachel?" Big glasses, bad hair? Billy was in my P.E. class. If I would have known he was going to become rich and famous, I would have made an effort. I guess it just goes to show you...(OK, I don't know what that means..)

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that mean you saw him in the locker room? He has E-N-O-R-M-O-U-S feet.

And in the words of Chandler's ex-girlfriend Janice, Oh, my God! It was Rachel. She could have worked at the DMV.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

We can call her Patti though... She is what I imagine Patti to look like. DOWN WITH PATTI! (OK, that's getting old...) Did I tell my critique of Patti's critique was send to Patti? Yes, I do remember Billy from PE but I honestly don't recall any shower scenes. (I saw him on MTV with Courtney Love this weekend.) I DO remember a kid named Dave Mendoza, but only because he was quite scary (in every disgusting respect).

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev,
You're still cute to me... Hair/no hair, wrinkles/no wrinkles.
Next time you are over, I will show you my pics from HS.
LL

6:38 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey LL -
I would enjoy seeing your pictures. As a matter of fact, scan them and I will share them here at the "Corner." I am sure the readers would enjoy seeing my "land lady." (They would see you aren't the nasty drag queen I painted you out to be and are actually quite masculine and quite nice.)
And while I appreciate the compliment above (thanks!), I never said anything about "wrinkles..." Have a GR-EAATT nite!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter