Monday, April 30, 2007

Rick Alltel


What's up you bad ass? It's Monday once again (dammit). (No one would ever guess an (almost) 40-year-old gay man writes this stuff, would they?)

We were very, very remiss last week in reminding you to watch Stevie Nicks perform "Stand Back" and "Landslide" on "Ellen."

Lucky for everyone, someone posted the performance on YouTube. If you missed it, this is for you (and, well, for me).



As you know, Stevie is touring this summer and "Kev" is a little (okay, a lot) upset that he won't be able to follow her around the country (you know, tour with her) as he did in 2001 and 2003. It's very sad, but I am only able to see Stevie 2 or 3 times this summer (and no front row seats yet), and it is really, really bothering me. When I started this blog, I wrote about my "obsession" with Stevie Nicks. I can't explain it, don't understand it, but my loyalty (yes, I need to use the word "obsession" again) has been unwavering for more than 30 years. She's my Elvis...

Did everyone catch "The Amazing Race All-Stars" last night? It remains my favorite reality show (even more so than "American Idol"). I can't sit while I watch the show - I have to stand/walk around, shout, etc... Anyhoo - gays "Danny" and "Oswald" were the last to check in at the pit stop in Guam and were sent home.

Tomorrow is May 1st, can you believe it? MANY, MANY "special" people were born in the month of May, so stay tuned as we celebrate them all throughout the month. (I can't wait! It's exciting!)

I am sometimes asked questions about the blog or things I have written on the blog.

It's time for a little "Corner" Q&A.

Here are some recent questions...

Q) How is your book coming?

A) Unfortunately, very SLOWLY. I haven't written beyond Chapter Three (although, I think the three chapters are "winning," Pulitzer Prize type material). It is a very slow process and I have lost some of the enthusiasm I once had for the "project." Being a published author remains a "dream" though and I will keep working at it in hopes of one day completing it.

Q) What's the title of your book?

A) Nice try. I won't divulge this to anyone, although I also think the title itself is "winning."

Q) How are you celebrating your 40th birthday?

A) Honestly, I am planning on drinking a LOT of peach margaritas (hopefully with friends) and then the next day I will be at the Ricky Martin concert. I know I should be grateful for every passing year, but this one seems to be the most difficult yet because I feel like I am getting old. (Have I shared too much?) People tell me all the time, "You don't LOOK 40," which is their way of saying, "Yes, you are getting old."

Q) I thought you were going to advertise on the site?

A) I still may if I can figure out how to get the ads that I want (you know - the ones with HOT guys in them). I don't want to advertise fedoras or apartments for rent.

Q) Who is Rick Alltel?

A) This was my FAVORITE question asked recently. It made me laugh. The person who asked it was referring to a picture of a license plate I had posted (which held a double meaning for me). The Arizona license plate (which I have re-posted below) reads "RCKALTL." "RCKALTL" is an abbreviation for "Rock A Little," which is the title of Stevie Nicks's third solo album (the cover can also be seen below AND I will tell you that of all the photos I have (and have seen) of Stevie, this remains one of my favorites). I suppose there is a man named Rick Alltel somewhere, but this was not an homage to him. Anyway, Stevie was born and has a home, as "Kev" did, in Phoenix, Arizona. Of all the states I have lived in, I liked the Arizona license plate the best.



Finally, if you called "Kev" back in 1985/1986, you would have heard the chorus from this "Rock A Little" hit (found in the YouTube video below) on his answering machine. (Do any of you remember this?)

Now here is a "Corner Contest" (our first EVER).

In 1987, "Kev" swapped the aforementioned song from his answering machine and replaced it with a Fleetwood Mac hit, also from 1987. For those of you who knew me then, does anyone remember this song? The first person to leave a comment on the blog with the correct song title will win the very first "Kev's Corner" tee-shirt! (I am doubting anyone will remember, so the shirts haven't even been ordered yet, but if by chance you do, I promise to send you a shirt, even if I have to create one here at home). GOOD LUCK!



We hope you all have a GR-EAT week! Once again, THANKS for "stopping in!"

Ciao!

"Kev"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Lies?

12:12 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You are the WINNER. (I figured if anyone could answer it, it would be you.) Now I have to ask, do you actually remember that? I loved that voice message greeting. Anyway, Princess, would you like a t-shirt or mug (I found a place that can do mugs). Let me know! Kisses!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter