Thursday, June 07, 2007

Motherhood Ain't For Weenies!


Hey there, GYPSIES, TRAMPS, AND THIEVES (since this is “Kev’s” blog, I figured there must be a few of you out there…I myself am a “TRAMP”)!! It’s “Kitten” again, filling in for “Kev” during his whirlwind celebrity-filled week. Let’s see…what shall we talk about today??

Well, it’s been another glamour-filled day here in the feline abode. “Lil’ Kitty” and I were having guests…a teacher friend of mine and her two little girls. “Kitty” and I cleaned and tidied…we wanted to make a GR-EAT impression on our friends. I mean, we had the sudsy bucket out (and you know how kitties feel about water)…we washed down the play kitchen and baby paraphernalia in the playroom. It’s usually covered in dog hair this time of year (have I mentioned the HELLISH temperatures here in Phoenix?? Our dogs lose so much hair in a day we could make another dog out of it). We “swiffered”, we stuffed things under beds, behind pillows, and into closets (am I the only one who “cleans” this way??).

I’m not sure what I was thinking. One of the little ones is two years old. Currently, there is hot pink play-doh ground into my carpet. There is an unidentifiable substance wedged between the cushions of my couch. There are lipstick kisses covering our bedroom mirror. There is juice spilled all over the painstakingly cleaned play kitchen. Our cat, “Scout” will likely never come out of my closet again. I had forgotten about two year olds…and it wasn’t so long ago that “Lil’ Kitty” was at that stage. They are miniature tornados. They have the piercing SCREAM that could drown out a fire engine. They are covered in goo, smell suspicious, and are apparently hearing impaired. They couldn’t be cuter.

I know, I know…you’re thinking, “What a life this feline leads! How do I sign up for this?” I’m not really sure how I arrived here myself. I used to be FUN (c’mon…you know what I mean). I used to wear clothing without stains. I used to wear my hair in something other than a ponytail. I used to be able to use complete sentences that didn’t have the words “potty”, “boo boo”, or “night-night” in them. I used to be able to stay up past 10:00 at night. But then I fell in love (YES, with “Tiger”), got married, and got knocked up (YES, in that order…I know…how retro). Now, my musical tastes run somewhere between “The Wiggles” and Disney’s “High School Musical” (oh, Google it!). My wardrobe is “comfortable” and my shoes are “functional”. I spend a lot of time coloring, working puzzles, and reading picture books. And I couldn’t be happier.

Okay, I realize my blogging isn’t nearly as droll or current as “Kev’s”, and you’re all DYING for him to return. I just thought I’d give you a peek at “the other side”. Groovy, isn’t it?? Until next time, friends…

6 Comments:

Blogger Kev said...

You don't know how AWESOME it is to have a fellow "contributor"! (I, I mean "we," especially appreciate that you have successfully asimilated "our" style, like a seasoned staffer at The Corner. You are "GR-EAT.") I have a couple thoughts. 1) I miss Li'l Kitty (damnit)! 2) You, my dear, are not a tramp. When I read your post, I thought for sure you would categorize yourself, as I have catergorized you, as a "Gypsy." (She's the most bohemian person I have ever met. Simply groovy.) (I am actually having more fun leaving comments here than I do writing!) Kisses! I will "stop in" tomorrow cause I am excited about your HOT guy pick.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kev, you sweetie! thanks for letting me sub for you! it's been fun! can't wait for friday's hot guy! xx

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Kitten" -
Don't be fooled - all us gays know all about High School Musical, ask Kev... He has talked of your daughter and says she is the cutest. Why do we let him call us these names by the way? If I had a nickle for the number of times he's called me his damn land lady, I'd be a really rich guy. Take care.
Rich (yes, land lady)

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LANDLADY!! you're famous in our house! thanks for the comment...and thanks for taking care of "kev" in atlanta for us! i think we put up with the names cuz it could be a LOT worse (i know I'VE been called worse!). :)

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitten-thanks for your post and of course mr. depp.. love him. mr.P

2:16 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

In Chicago now! P - knew you would like the JD pics...He is the unanonymous HOT Guy here! (You all have good taste!)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter