Thursday, August 09, 2007

A Little Bit Country


WELCOME BACK RAPSCALLIONS!

It's Thursday! Where has the week gone?

"Kev" is on a bit of a "high" (not the Lollapalooza kind Princess wrote about - just very gay excitement) after seeing LeAnn Rimes at Chastain Park last night. "Kev" and his "sistah," Ken, had "Kev-Quality" seats in Box 1, Row 3 for LeAnn's show which was, in a word, FANTABULOUS (said with a shrill lisp). Like I've mentioned before, I only enjoy a show if I can interact with the performers. Not in a rude, tacky way - just a little shouting "HEY, YOU - I LOVE YOU!" along with some waves and claps sure to get their attention. Last night was no exception. Okay, I didn't shout (my "woo" wasn't working) but I did wave AND LeAnn did in fact acknowledge and return a wave and a smile my way. Made my night. Made my week. Made my life. (Okay, I am exaggerating a little bit - gays do that a lot.) I have to say, I l-o-v-e, LOVE her. I have said before that she is in my "Top 5" but what I didn't admit is that she is actually #2. Yes, Ken, I am a little bit country. I'm learning to accept and embrace that. I can see why the straight men love her. A super sexy songbird siren. Kind and down to earth too. LeAnn's hot hubby, Dean, was on hand throughout the show. Standing in the wing (in his muscle shirt and gym shorts), he watched LeAnn perform (and flirted with the stage hands). He's super cute but looks super gay. I hope LeAnn isn't headed for heartache.


LeAnn's new CD, "Family" hits stores on October 9th. (For Dean, we think, since he is "family" if you know what I mean.) Here is "Nothin' Better To Do," the first single from this CD. THANKS to Ken for joinin' me! (You're a little bit country too!) I hope this show was as equally entertaining as the time you saw Liza. (I have to tell you, Ken started a story with "The time I saw Liza" and that's all I needed. I could not stop laughing. I really didn't need to hear the rest of the story.)



THAT'S IT for today. Bye y'all!

"Kev"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE her too Kev. Ya know that I'm a little bit country. " Red Headed Stepchild from a broken home in the sticks" country... and I too hope she is not in for heartache.... love her and love him. Off to Boston/Vermont for another wedding...... ugh! But it will be fun.

Glad to see a new greeting.. I vote YES for the greeting. P

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Hey! Glad Ms Rimes didn't disappoint. I always thought her eyebrows looked weird, but over the years she has really gotten control of the situation and looks awesome. Her body is rather exceptional. Unlike Amy Winehouse and her anorexia body, I do envy LeAnn's. I believe she goes to the same yoga studio in Nashville that my cousin Julie goes to. She also saw Nicole Kidman there after she moved to Nashville to be near Keith Urban.

Enough from me. I have coffee to finish.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter