Thursday, August 02, 2007

Curmudgeon


Country crooner Tim McGraw has certainly had a hard week, hasn't he? (Did you notice the absence of a greeting? Did you miss it? I don't think real journalists welcome you back or utilize a salutation like we do here at "The Corner." I have to say, not as much fun.) Anyway, last week a fan in Louisiana grabbed Tim's "jewels," if you know what I mean. (I didn't want to say crotch, balls, nads, nut sack, or "knob" (if you're British) because that's tacky, and I don't talk like that, right?) Tim's wife, Faith Hill, confronted the woman (I think it was a woman, or my friend Ken) and told her to "get some class." Unfortunately, the clip of Faith sayin' "Oh no you di'int" (I'm presuming that's what she said) was taken off of YouTube before I could share it with you. Then, on Saturday night, another female fan in Louisiana (or possibly my friend Ken) removed Tim's wedding ring WHILST (I love the word "WHILST") he was shaking hands with the fans. I have to admit, I understand how this could happen. You have all heard the tales of my many, many meetings and greetings with Stevie Nicks. (Ad nauseam, for sure. By the way, I love that word too - it's Latin, like Ricky Martin.) A long, long time ago, in 1989 when I was a young, ambitious gay, Stevie Nicks was on tour promoting her CD titled, "The Other Side Of The Mirror." "Kev" was in the front row. As Stevie greeted fans, I reached up to shake her hand. She turned away (it wasn't meant to be that night) so I reached for her hair (it was still 80's hair, so it was everywhere) and tried to grab a strand (lightly, of course). Just one. I didn't need a clump or anything. What I am saying is, I "get" these Louisiana women. They were excited, just having a little fun.

Watch for yourself...



Nicole Richie is PREGNANT! I have to say, while I cannot stand Lindsay Lohan, I really do like Nicole Richie. CONGRATS Nicole (and Joel)! GOOD FOR YOU! (Good people!)

(Am I wound up? Certainly! Why? I don't know.)


Today would have been Carroll O'Connor's 83rd birthday! He was the best, wasn't he?

I have already had it out (sort of) with my new condo association manager. (I know I am going to be an old curmudgeon one day, probably soon.) You see, in the less than 14 days I have lived here, I have received about 27 communications under my door and via email advising me NOT to throw anything off my balcony (duh), NOT to let my dog "pee" (their word, not mine) on the carpet in the common area, NOT to smoke ANYWHERE in the building, DON'T throw away trash between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m., and DON'T have sex in the elevators or pool (okay, I made that one up). It's just a little much. It reminds me that I live in a building where some of the people are probably throwing things off their balconies (like their dog that just peed on the carpet in a common area) while the others are smoking like chimneys WHILST discarding their (very heavy) trash at 3 a.m.. Anyhoo, I told them I read the owner's manual - I am "up" on the rules (don't own a dog) and I promise to never ever do any of those things if they will stop putting all of these notices under my door. (I haven't had time to break any of these rules, except the elevator thing.)

That's IT for today! I hope you are all having a GR-EAT week!

Another old song I LOVE (for real)...



XOXO -

"Kev"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of your best blogs yet. Very nice. Well-rounded. Current events, both nationwide and local (your building) are included.

We're off to Lollapalooza today. All day. Scott is excited. The kids are excited. I'm hoping to get drunk. Just kidding. It's going to be a long day. I'll call you.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yu're so cute~ :-)
xoxo
AE

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter