Monday, December 03, 2007

HFZ


"In the web that is my own, I begin again." WELCOME BACK. Those words, of course, were written and performed by Stevie Nicks and are the lyrics to her hit (okay, I am not sure if it was a "hit") "Edge of Seventeen." "We" really don't know what she is talking about, especially because it was written light years before the Internet was invented, BUT "we" like it. "We" like her. You knew that. Try using this sentence at your place of work (or home) - just for giggles. Whether in the classroom or courtroom, or when selling whatever it is you sell, you will definitely garner the attention of whomever you are talking to. They will think you are "smart." Or crazy. Crazy-smart, perhaps? (I don't know.) We do not recommend using this if you are a scientist, unless perhaps you consider yourself a mad scientist, then, by all means, incorporate it into your findings. Shout this at the kids. Add a "swear" or two for emphasis. They won't know what you are talking about and will simply behave. Anyhoo, Stevie Nicks is performing two benefit shows in California in February, which is super exciting. Visit "The Nicks Fix," Stevie's official site, (which is her own) for details by clicking HERE.

Let's see... TODAY is Ozzy Osbourne's 59th birthday.

I was going to ask if everyone is gearing up for the holidays BUT "we're" not going to ask since "we" have decided the "Corner" will be a HFZ, "holiday-free zone" (at least for now or until "we" feel the spirit, which may be tomorrow or next March). You know what I hate the most about this time of year (besides the wreath adorning my neighbor's door)? I hate the loud, clanging, "give me your money" Salvation Army bells strategically located at the grocery store entrance/exit. I want to kick these people in the knee caps. (I hear that hurts.) There's no need for all that noise. We know it's the season. We know you (I am talking about the Salvation Army people here, not YOU) want our money. Anyways, I wanted to share this video that I just LOVE (I watch it all year around as a matter of fact as a sort of "pick me up"). Sharing this video, however, does not imply that we endorse the holidays, since this doesn't reference "Christmas" or "Hanukkah" or "Kwanzaa." It's simply what we cherish most whilst living in a downtown high rise. While the video's quality is poor, I think you will agree that it is very inspirational. Feel free to close your eyes (after checking out the hair and the hat, which I also LOVE) and sing along, wave your hands in the air, etc..



That's IT friends. I hope you are ALL having a good week so far.

Hugs and love,

"Kev"

Watch this too... (I found this AFTER writing tonight's post, so it made me laugh - I had never seen this before.)



Finally, for those of you just here for the pictures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter