Friday, November 30, 2007

40 Lashes


It's, you got it, FRIDAY! WELCOME! C'mon in!

First, real life daredevil, Evil Knievel, died today. He was 69. (I had an Evil Knievel doll, with motorcycle, when I was a boy. I liked it. Mostly the doll. I also like this smashing jumper below with the letter "K" on the cuff...)


Did anyone catch "Oprah" today? I only saw a few minutes of the show but perhaps you were fortunate enough to see the full hour. Anyhoo, Oprah featured some garden variety type country crooners. A cornucopia of has-beens, if you will, (they always come out at the holidays, don't they) one of which was "legend" Kenny Rogers. Oprah looked very uncomfortable - you could tell she was really searching for things to say, i.e., questions to ask. She laughed awkwardly here and there, like when Kenny mentioned his busy tour schedule, which wasn't intended as a joke. You got the sense Oprah has absolutely nothing in common with, or could she care less about, Kenny or his music. It was great. I am certain she was distracted by his botched eye job, which I also found disturbing. She looked startled at times. You could sense her struggle with the voice in her head reminding her to remain calm, act interested and continue hosting the show, etc.. Oprah closed the segment by joining Kenny in a sing along of his "hit," "The Gambler," which was, well, not good.

Okay, who saw Kathy Griffin's Bravo special, "Straight To Hell" last night? You may know that "Kev," "Princess" and "Princess's" wonderful, smart, handsome husband, Scott, were at that show last month! The actual show was about 2 hours long (and included all the "swears"), so I can tell you it was cut significantly for the broadcast. Anyhoo, if you didn't catch it, check your local listings for repeats.

How about the British teacher in Sudan who has been sentenced to 15 days in prison and immediate deportation (after she is released) because she allowed her students to name the class mascot, a friggin' teddy bear, "Muhammad" (I can't spell that and I am not looking it up, so hopefully that's correct or there will be swift punishment for me I suppose, although I wouldn't pass on a gentle spanking). Luckily, she was charged with a lesser offense than originally tried on. She could have faced "40 lashes" (what kind of barbaric animals are these people) and life in prison. Today, protesters were calling for her execution. Now that's (let's say it together) "batshit insane," isn't it? Poor woman.

I think that's IT for today folks. "We" will bring you a "HOT Guy" tomorrow. Until then, have a GR-EAT Friday!

Bon soir,

"Kev"

UPDATE -

If you "stopped in" earlier this evening, you saw that today's post contained a pic of yet another "HOT," shirtless guy (a pic I swiped from some other 'mo's blog). Turns out, the guy didn't really "do it" for me PLUS I had a dream last night that I was at a backyard barbecue with Jennifer Aniston, aka, "Friends" "Rachel Green," AND Courtney Cox-Arquette, who we all know as "Monica Geller" (as well as Pamela Anderson and Paula Deen). It was quite fun (I was really enjoying myself, I spoke candidly with Pamela, you know, asked about the boobs and the crabs, and I think they all liked me) so I was very disappointed when the neighbor's door slammed, waking me up, effectively ending the nice time I was having (and I was just about to sample Paula's pulled pork and banana pudding). Anyways, please enjoy the photo above of "HOT" "HOTTIE" "McHOTTERSON," Jennifer Aniston. I love her.

Finally, watch this Kenny Rogers "Punk'd." It's off the chain.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! :-)
I love your observations on the Oprah show. lol.
xoxo

6:37 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Thanks! XOXO

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record, it's MOHAMMED. I should know. I've had several of them on my classes over the years.....

8:32 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

LOL. LOL. LOL. You are too funny. Speaking of Mohammed, when's retirement?

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to catch the Oprah replay at eleven...I am just as creeped out by Kenny as anyone. What's the deal with that? I mean, I would love me some lipo, but between Kanye's mom and Kenny's crazy eyes, I think I'll just stick with the fat I've got.

Mr. D, you're a hoot. I don't know that I would have gotten your humor in 4th or 5th grade, but I sure do like it now!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Retirement is in one year and 103 days. Seems like forever....

10:19 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

We will have to have a party, for certain. I'm not partial to kids. I don't know how you did it all of these years.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. D...do you still have the "countdown to retirement" clock? That was a hoot!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The countdown to retirement clock is still atop the computer in my classroom! When did you see it last?

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Kev was in town and we stopped by the school to see you. It must have been a couple of years ago.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! More than a couple. It was 5-1/2 years ago!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter