Monday, March 17, 2008

Twisted



First, HAPPY 41st BIRTHDAY to BILLY CORGAN of the Smashing Pumpkins. Billy was born on St. Patrick's Day back in 1967. Some of you know that "Kev" (and "Princess") attended the same middle school as Billy AND Billy grew up in the home next door to "Princess," whose parents still live there (but not for long). As much as "Kev" likes to think he has met a celebrity or two, "Princess" has really topped us. She even has pictures with Billy, but she never gloats about it. (I can only tell you that Billy was in my P.E. class and my yearbook contains pictures of Billy, but I don't recall ever talking with him, unfortunately.) It is "neat" that someone from the same town (or the boy next door in "Princess's" case) made it. Not only made it, but made it big. It's also a coincidence that I was just in Chicago last week and "we" were talking about Billy when THIS song played on the radio. While I always just tuned into the violin/cello parts when I heard it (it's beautiful), I never understood the lyrics until now.

Here's "Disarm"...



Very sad, right?


OKAY, HELLO EVERYONE!

It's MONDAY!

I would like to say THANKS to those of you who called after learning of the F2 tornado that hit downtown Atlanta on Friday night. "Kev" (that's me) was not in Atlanta at the time and "Kev's" (still me) condo was not impacted. The tornado impacted many high rise buildings though and I have never seen anything like it in person before (oh, except for the time "we" (this time me and someone else) toured the ravaged aftermath of Florida's 1992 Hurricane Andrew. (That shiz was to' up fo sho.) Anyway, I hope they (the city) get this mess cleaned up quickly.

When I learned of the news, I almost immediately thought of THIS song... I hope you will watch/listen to it. For those of you who saw Helen Hunt/Bill Paxton's 1996 summer smash hit, "Twister," you may have heard this before. Stevie Nicks wrote/performed the title track, "Twisted," about storm chasers.



In addition to tumultuous natural disasters that scare me, this song reminds me of a person I dated for a brief (very brief) time in Chicago. (Am I sharing too much?) He was bi-polar (i.e., a crazy moody bastard). We saw this movie on our second date (of 3) and I later realized the significance of this. If I ever tell you that this song reminds me of you (as I did him), it isn't a good thing (I am insulting you). "You like to be wrapped up in the eye of the storm. Take it to the limit when the winds come up... Crazy men, crazy women... You like to be twisted, you like to be shaken." Anyhoo...

Moving along, "we" are very excited to see next week's "How I Met Your Mother" with guest star BRITNEY SPEARS! YAY! The promo's look GR-EAT.

Okay, that's it for today. (I'm tired.)

I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday.

Much love -

"Kev"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent blog, Kev! Calls have been coming in to command central (otherwise known as my house) to find out how you and your condo fared the terrible tornadoes. I'm glad you were here and not home with those scary glass walls heaving in the wind.

I will find my Billy Corgan photos and scan them for you.

Lastly, I saw my real estate agent today (the one you met last month when you were here) - she lives in Glen Ellyn and does much work there. I asked her to tell me where Sean Hayes' mother lives. Not only did she tell me where that mansion is, she happens to live behind Sean's brother, Dennis. Small world! I'll keep you posted.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

You are a most awesome field correspondent for the "Corner." Just another of the many reasons I am simply in love with you. (I need to tell the readers about the dinner party you hosted... Martha would be proud, Rachel would have taken notes. YOU, my dear, should have your own show. It was art.) I was "touched" by the number of calls we (you and me) have received regarding the tornado. I too, am glad I was at your house and not mine on Friday.
Hugs! (Good luck Wednesday!)

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter