Wednesday, April 16, 2008

11th Hour


Hey EVERYONE! Welcome back! "We" hope you are having a GR-EAT week.

People Magazine is reporting that 80's pop sensation Debbie (Debra) Gibson (whom I saw in concert last year - she rocked) has a stalker! Apparently, some 40-something year old man (with not much else going on in his life) attends ALL of Debbie's (damn it, Debra's) concerts, writes to her constantly via email and the U.S. mail, is a member of her fan club, has pictures of her throughout his home and now has shown up at her front door. What kind of crazy lunatic does all of those things? He has been ordered to stay at least 100 feet away. Anyhoo, good luck Debbie.


Now onto some "fun" news... Stevie Nicks kicks off her summer tour in Reading, Pennsylvania THIS Friday and "Kev" (and friend) will be there in the 3rd row (which is approximately 100 feet away, right?). Although she hasn't answered any of my letters, calls or emails, the shrine in my home is coming along nicely. My fan club membership has been upgraded to honorary "Gold Dust Woman" status and this summer "we" (OK, me) are taking a road trip to L.A. to see Stevie's new home... (Of course I am teasing, although I used to drive by her Phoenix home when I was bored, which was quite often.) Honestly, I don't understand the crazed fans that show up at the homes of the stars. As you know, "Kev" has met Stevie officially 5, that's FIVE, times and I never know what to say. I sure wouldn't know what to say if I knocked on her door (and she answered).

What else? What else? Things aren't looking good for presidential hopeful, Senator Clinton. "We" were hoping for the first woman president.

The Pope (Ben 16) is touring the U.S.. Welcome Pope! Ashlee Simpson is pregnant and engaged to Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz. Britney has managed to stay out of the news (where is she)? Perez Hilton is losing weight. Kathy Griffin will be performing here in Atlanta in September. (That's all I have.)

Leonardo DiCaprio's "11th Hour" (Leo's version of "An Inconvenient Truth") is now out on DVD ("Kev" bought it). Some of you know that "we" worry about this planet of ours - I know many of you share the same concern. Watching clips of a polar bear drowning in the artic is very moving (OH, I saw a lady on a bike get hit by a car tonight! That was moving too - freaked me out, although that's not what I am writing about right now. I am sure when she set out tonight, she was only anticipating a nice ride in the spring evening. Wear a helmet when you ride your bike. She wasn't and I would have to say, she looked dead. A real mess.) Anyhoo, some of you have said to me "It's a BIG problem. What can I do (throwing your hands up in the air) to help the environment?" If you'll come back TOMORROW, "we'll" tell you. (Seriously folks, it's late here, I'm still shook up over the bike lady, and you should know these things already. "We" feel it's important to revisit all of the simple things that each and everyone of us can do to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide we humans generate though, so "we" will share those tips with you tomorrow.

OKAY, I have to go to bed now. I, we, me, you ALL hope you have a GREAT Thursday.

Much love -

"Kev"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In addition to your helpful tips on how to save the earth, let us know if bike lady has been scraped up off the pavement.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Fortunately, yes, she had been moved from the intersection to either the hospital/morgue (I don't know...) by the time I finished dinner. It was shocking to see that - AND it was the SAME intersection I saw a lady (walking) get hit by a car about a year ago. (She lived because I saw her get up, fix her hair and get on the bus.) Stay tuned for my tips, although I certain you are already doing all you can to save Mother Earth. Love and hugs.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...how many total times have you seen stevie in concert now?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey babe!
How are YOU? You know, I have to count the stubs again but it is less than, but close to, 50 (which isn't enough for me). Fleetwood Mac MAY be touring next year as well (Stevie and Lindsay aren't getting along though, so it may be off.) Also, Stevie's Soundstage performance is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com! (I ordered mine already!) My canvas arrives next week. I can't shake the obsession. I love her (and you!).

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter