Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Whack-A-Doo Or Two


HELLO! I'm HERE, you're HERE, "we're" all HERE!

Welcome BACK everybody! How have YOU been? "We've" missed YOU!

"Kev" (lame third person reference to, well, ME) is home from a quick trip to Chicago. The weather was great, the food was great, but most importantly, the company (for the most part, give or take a whack-a-doo or two) was great. As always, I stayed at the home of my dear friend whom I call "Princess," who always keeps me in stitches. THANKS, "Princess," you're the best. (I love you.) While I haven't written about her here until today, "Princess's" mom (whom I love dearly), I learned, also "stops in" here at the "Corner" every once in awhile. Since "we" have monikers for everyone, we'll call her "The Queen." Anyhoo, I have the utmost love, respect, admiration, etc..., etc... for "The Queen," so I was a little embarrassed when I learned that she reads this stuff (you know, all these pictures of "HOT guys" and stories about my "first" time, etc..., etc...). I guess if my own Grandmother reads this as well as my former school teachers, then I shouldn't be embarrassed to share with "The Queen." It's all in fun, right? (One day soon, I will write a post all about her since she is one of my favorite people on the planet.)

I will tell you (all of my closest personal friends and complete, total strangers) that the purpose of the visit was three-fold... 1) celebrate my 19-year-old nephew's birthday, 2) visit with "Princess" after her 15 day Italian holiday and 3) help "The Queen" (and "The King") move from the home they have lived in for 36 years, a place I have fond memories of. (It was like the final episode of "Friends" when Monica's apartment was empty.) I was happy to share the last meal in their home with them in their garage. No sadness though - they are moving into what will be a new home in ear shot of "Princess," and I am looking forward to the meals in the new home! (It's all about the food with me...)

Okay... a little over a week ago, I mentioned that "Kev" (it's hard to stop the third person thing) "met" someone from Stevie Nicks' "inner circle." Yes kids, it's true. Here's the back story... I have wanted a larger-than-life size portrait of Stevie and have searched high and low for months for something to fit the bill. While I don't want to divulge all of the details, I can tell you that I am getting a 4' X 6' picture of Stevie from someone who has photographed Stevie, as well as many other "stars" for years... (This isn't simply a poster - please don't refer to it as that. Someone asked me today "When is your poster coming," and I corrected him. It's "art." Expensive art.) This person even "shot" the cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" album. The photo I am getting (which arrives TOMORROW) has never been produced in this size. It is one-of-a-kind, something no other fan has! Excited? Undoubtedly. Throughout the process of obtaining this picture, errr, "art," I was able to speak with this famous photographer MANY times. He shared first-hand stories of Stevie, which, for me, was a lot of fun. Anyhoo, that's my BIG news. There WILL be an unveiling party as well! ("Princess" has already started working on the drink menu! She is VERY creative...)

Kathy Griffin will be performing two shows in Atlanta at the Fabulous Fox Theatre on September 5th and yours truly will be in the 4th row pit. If you would like to see Kathy, there are still lots of great seats available (just not as great as mine).

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie "welcomed" twins on Monday. One boy and one girl. If I were a real journalist, I would share their names, weight, time of birth, distinguishing characteristics, etc..., but the truth is, I don't care (and I am tired).

Funny actor Will Ferrell is 41 today.

Okay, if you haven't noticed, I am a little "daffy" this evening. Just simply ready for bed.

I hope YOU have a GR-EAT Thursday!

THANKS for stoppin' in.

XOXO -

"Kev"

Some videos you might enjoy...



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh... cool story about the photo.. you'll have to show it off when you get it.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

THANKS for stoppin' in (and reading this blog!) After the "unveiling" party, I will share a copy of the photo. Have a good night!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Queen. Quite a lady if I do say so myself!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

HI MR. D.!
How are you? I am thinking of you and hope you are doing fine.
XO

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev - good to know I have the Corner when I need my Princess/Queen news! Glad to know the Queen and King finally got moved into the Castle (tee hee).

Also next time you're in Chicago wd ya pleeeease call me, even if i only get to catch a glimpse of your new svelte self?

Love ya! -Sar

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter