Saturday, July 05, 2008

Randy The First



It's SATURDAY people! It's "Gay Pride" weekend here in the A-T-L, so "HAPPY PRIDE" (girl) to all of you (bitches)!

The little things excite me. You know this. Since inception of this blog, "we" (okay, just me) have posted just about as many YouTube clips of "all things" Stevie Nicks as possible. I have been looking and looking and looking some more for a song that really IS one of my favorites to share with you and I finally found it today! Some background first... When I was a young gay, I internalized everything Stevie Nicks wrote, recorded, performed, etc... I would associate people/experiences with her songs, and if you were lucky, YOU would be assigned a song that reminded ME of YOU. Dramatic? Yes. Gay? For certain. (I no longer do this. I'm too old for the drama. Now I just enjoy the music. It's much easier this way.) Anyhoo, THIS song, again, a really beautiful song, is my song for (here comes some personal info, but hey, we're friends (and strangers) , I'm old and I can share this now) my first real "crush," (by crush, I mean the guy I did "it" with for the first time, as well as the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, - you get the idea), Randy! Since there were a number of "Randy's" in my romantic life, I will clarify... "Randy The First." "Randy The First" was the complete package... Blond, blue, muscular, fun/funny, great smile, great you know what, etc... I l-o-v-e-d, loved him. (We'd stay out all night on Friday's in Chicago's "Boy's Town," watch Pee Wee's Playhouse in bed on Saturday, I weighed 130 pounds, had a full head of hair, no sense in my head... those were the days. It was "fun.") That was until he starting stealing money from me. (That's always a kill-joy, isn't it?) Nevertheless, I hope YOU enjoy "If I Were You" (I'd stop stealing from me, a.k.a., "Randy's Song") from Stevie's 1985 album, "Rock A Little." (Today "Randy The First" is a successful real estate mogul in Galena, Illinois. While I haven't seen him in YEARS, we still exchange Christmas cards.) TMI? Probably.



Did everyone have a GR-EAT 4th? I hope so. I would like to say "thanks" to my friend, "Mr. P.," who hosted a 4th of July get together at his home with about 100 of his closest friends (and a few strangers). (This guy knows EVERYONE!) I had a GR-EAT time meeting new people (who didn't believe me when I told them I was 41), and, of course, seeing Mr. P. (who is "special" to me). (I think we saw some fireworks, but I don't remember them too much...) I think I'm still drunk on Independence Punch? Anyhoo, THANKS, Mr. P., for the party. Your friends are fun. (Sorry I didn't stick around to help clean up.)

I checked celebrity birthdays for you and there are none too note worthy born yesterday or today.

Click HERE to hear another one of my "favorite" songs.

Okay folks, I hope YOU have a GR-EAT Saturday. (I have nothing else to write about!)

Come back soon, be good and all that other stuff!

THANKS for stoppin' in!

"Kev"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are quite welcome. it was quite a turn out. whew! glad you made it and enjoyed it. Mr. P>

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

I went to 3 parties over the weekend and YOURS was the best. You know how to have a good time.
XOXO

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter