Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Love Robert Gant!


WUT UP BITCHES? How is EVERYONE tonight? I hope YOU are doing just great.

I was JUST commenting to someone recently that I hadn't met any celebrities yet this year (is "hadn't" a word?). Some of you might recall that last year, "Kev" met Reichen Lehmkuhl (he is super sexy), Leslie Jordan (he used my cell phone), and Anderson Cooper (aahhh, I love Anderson Cooper) to name a few (in addition to shaking Stevie Nicks' hand and being winked at (no lie) by Ricky Martin). Anyhoo, TONIGHT, "Kev" accidentally met best selling author and sister of actress Joan Collins, Jackie Collins! Jackie is touring the country in a bus (no lie, it was parked out front) pimping her new book, "Married Lovers." Now I haven't actually read "Married Lovers" (or any other Jackie Collins book) and didn't know she would be at "Outwrite" (the bookstore near my "crib") at the same time I needed to A) register for this weekend's 5K "Pride Run" and B) pick up a gift for my dear friend, "Princess." So there she is, signing her book. I got a little excited (she does have a bus after all) but opted NOT to purchase "Married Lovers." (It must have gay innuendo since she was signing it at a gay bookstore?) I probably should not count her as a celebrity "meeting," but I sat about three feet next to her. She signed her book and I filled out my "Pride Run" entry form.


Those of you who know me, know that I dream "in celebrity." It's TRUE! I don't dream about ordinary people I know (like you)... I only dream about people I want to know (i.e., rich and famous people). Last night was no exception (and it was a good one - very exciting!) Anyhoo, in my dream, my latest "crush" (who I won't divulge the identity of here) and actor Robert Gant (you know Robert Gant, the really, really HOT guy from "Queer As Folk") were fighting over me, yours truly. They both wanted my affections. (I am telling you, losing a little weight does wonders!) I told Robert Gant, again, in my dream, "I am sorry actor Robert Gant - I am with (insert name of latest crush who will remain anonymous). You cannot have me." (Robert was dejected but understood since I met (insert name of latest crush here again) first. Anyway, I woke up and thought WOW, I just turned down Robert Gant. (Robert, if you are reading this, please know I would never do that in real life. I love you.)


I don't know if this will excite anyone, but WHILST in Cambridge last weekend, we saw the Rindge and Latin School, which is the high school that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck attended. (I forgot to mention that in my posts about Boston...) I looked for both Matt and Ben while I was there, but neither were to be found. AND, our dear friend Carrie resides in the SAME town as several of the members of Aerosmith! Carrie mentioned that it is common to see them around town and driving past her house! (Isn't that the coolest?)

Okay, that is IT for tonight!

Have a GR-EAT Friday everyone.

"Kev"

Here is my favorite Aerosmith song... (Steven Tyler is to my aunt what Stevie Nicks is to me. She loves him.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev,

You are doing a stupendous job of walking the line between gay (Robert Gant) and straight (Aerosmith) pop culture. A blog for everyone!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

LOL. We aim to please.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND.... don't forget! Steve Carrell lives here too! (His wife grew up in a little town about 15 minutes north of me.) The next time I see Joey Kramer driving past our house, I will wave to him for you. ;)

Something just dawned on me! We should have gone out to Aerosmith's restaurant - Mt. Blue, instead of tapas! It's only about 10 miles from here. Dang it.. Well, next time. :)


-Carrie

7:40 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

We will do Mt. Blue next time!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter