Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Boston - Part Two


HEY KIDS! How are YOU today? "We" hope YOU are doing fine.

You know how we like to acknowledge birthdays here (when we remember them) of our close friends, celebrities and total strangers? We missed one (heads here at the "Corner" are going to roll - this one is big). Yesterday was Mick Fleetwood's birthday! Mick turned 61. Happy birthday Mick! (Yes, I have met him too - he is super nice.) THANKS to "Princess II" for reminding me. She isn't even a fan for Pete's sake. (Do you ever wonder who "Pete" is or where that expression originated? Someone should research that.)

Here is a picture I don't get tired of (although I can't pull off concert tee-shirts and don't normally wear them)... Here I am with the birthday guy, Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, and Lindsey Buckingham (he's cropped out a little bit).


Okay, I am sure you are all on the edge of your seats, pondering the questions posed in yesterday's post. Are you ready for the answers? Here we go... Did "Kev" (yes, that's me) have the BEST seat in the house for Stevie Nicks' concert on Sunday night? The answer is... YES! You never know how the seats will be placed in front of the stage, but lucky for me, Row A, Section 2, Seat 20 was the exact seat in front of Stevie's microphone on Sunday night. I was literally just feet from her for the entire show! I swear on someones grave that she saw me and sang "Landslide" to me. I'm not even making that up. (My best ex-BFF, Steve, was a few seats down.) It's a great feeling knowing that in a crowd of THOUSANDS, I had the BEST seat for the show. It's happened before but it is still always just very fun. Next question... Did "Kev" (again, annoying reference to myself) get to shake Stevie's hand during the "edge walk?" Why yes, yes he did. Some dirty pig bastard (not a term of endearment this time) was trying to give Stevie a HIDEOUS painting that was about 3' X 3' WHILST Stevie was trying to shake my hands. The woman put the painting (did I mention it was HIDEOUS) in front of my face. Why would she think Stevie would want such trash? It was supposed to be a portrait of Stevie but was WAY off mark (looked like Bette Midler). Embarrassing, really. Stevie, however, moved the painting, and proceeded to take both of my hands and danced with me momentarily. It was awesome. I love her. (Then I told that woman "Ha-ha, Stevie didn't want your painting.") Next question... Did Stevie dedicate "Landslide" to her #1 fan (again, that's me). Why no, no she didn't. (Let's not get crazy here.) All in all, it was a GREAT concert. The crowd was fun and we (this time I actually mean more than myself) met some new "friends." We looked for "Guy In Wheel Chair From Boston" (we were certain he would be at his hometown show, but we could not find him. Perhaps he died? I don't know.) Anyhoo, we met "Funny Lesbian Who Called Me Dirty Pig Bastard" (she was hysterical and actually LOVED us) and "Stringy Hair Girl Who Is Sitting In My Seat" (I told her she better move or I would pull it. You see, the show hadn't actually started yet, but I wanted to sit in my front row, center, right-in-front-of-the microphone seat as long as possible but this woman was sitting in it! Imagine my panic and disdain. I cut my eyes at her from a few feet away several times. The non-verbal queues weren't working. She didn't get it. Steve told me to calm down, have a drink and that he was certain she would move before the opening act (which was Mandy Moore) began. I wasn't so hopeful so I marched over to her and said, "You know that's not your seat, right? I don't want to have to pull your hair." YES, that is exactly what I said... Ask Steve - he was mortified. Anyways, she said, "Yes, my seat is right next to yours - I am just trying to give the man to my left some room." I said "Pheew." and "Great hair, by the way!" I thought, "Jesus Christ, I've already pissed off my neighbor and the show doesn't even start for about an hour..." (I just don't like people in my seat.)


Remember a few posts back I wrote, I mean, "stole" an article about the four year anniversary of the first same sex marriage in the United States? Well, although I did not get married over the weekend (believe me, I tried), we DID visit the "Old City Hall" in Cambridge where the FIRST gay couple exchanged vows (you remember them because, again, I JUST wrote about them. I mean, CNN just wrote about them). I didn't plan to visit this location but it was a stop on our tour and I thought it was a really neat co-inc-a-dink because, again, I just wrote about them (dammit, I mean CNN).

In short, if you get a chance, visit Boston. It's a beautiful city. I loved it. Here are some more pics (no, I did not take them - I don't own a camera...).



On a serious note (I do like to be serious sometimes), "our" friend and 5th grade teacher, Mr. D., lost his mother earlier this month. I don't think it's ever easy losing a loved one, so I was sorry to learn this news today. YOU are in our thoughts. While I did not meet or know Mrs. D., she produced an awfully great son... My condolences to you friend.

I would also like to tell my FAVORITE Grandmother that I hope she will be feeling better soon! She is a little under the weather (but is still able to make me laugh). HUGS and KISSES just for YOU. (For our newer readers, yes, my Grandmother reads this blog, "HOT Guys" and all. She's the coolest.)

That's IT for today folks! Please enjoy this song that I USED to play (poorly) on the piano. I love it and it played in my head all weekend... "This drifter's world goes round and round and I doubt that it's ever gonna stop..."

Much love -

Kevin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kev. She was a very cool lady!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
Too funny about the girl in your seat... That would have gotten to me, too!

Mr. D- Sorry to hear about your mother. :(

And Kevin? I wasn't able to mail your "gift", because apparently the USPS frowns upon sending alcohol. (I had gotten you a bottle of New England wine!) After doing a search to buy it directly and have it just shipped to you, I couldn't find any New England wines. So, perhaps it's better that I didn't give it to you. We're not exactly known for wine here. (Oops.)

Anyhow, just in case you're wondering why your mailbox is empty day after day, that's way. I will surprise you one day when you least expect it. ;)

P.S. Nice photos, by the way. And yes, I remember that song that you posted. It's one I never knew until you played it! :)

-Carrie

1:29 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey Gorgeous! I was thinking of you today, hoping your mom made it safely to Boston (and jealous because I am not still there). You know, hold on to that wine and we will enjoy it together next time I am in town. How are the girlies this week? You know, I think "Please Come To Boston" was one of the songs you recorded for me (so I could learn it)! Have a GREAT Friday!
Hugs and love -
Kevin

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right... I do remember recording that, and wondering,"Does this sound like it's supposed to?"

Mom did make it in safely, and we just enjoyed Day #1 of her visit. (I am so exhausted!!) Girls are great... Eva is officially walking, as in: all the way across the room! Amazing! (Her 1st birthday is tomorrow.) :)

I'll save the wine - hope we can enjoy before too long. I don't think this is the type of wine that gets better with age, especially because I have yet to see a vineyard anywhere in New England!!

-Carrie :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

HEY! That's exciting about Eva! Is her birthday the 27th or the 28th?
Hugs to you - I wish I could be at the party... Give Amanda a BIG hug for me. (I need to put her birthday in my book too...)
Kisses!!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter