Saturday, June 14, 2008

YOU Can Do It!


Recepción, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Добро пожаловать and Boa vinda. WHAT does all of this mean? Simply put, it means WELCOME!

How are you friend (and total stranger)? "We" (always and forever just me) hope YOU are having a GR-EAT weekend.

Many of YOU are traveling to fun and exciting places this summer. "We" want to see YOUR pictures, so send them "our" way.

Today's pictures are from my dear friends "Kitten," "Tiger," and "L'il Kitty." They recently visited Disneyland in California and had a WONDERFUL time. (Face paint - I am SO jealous!) The pictures bring a smile to my face. I love these people... (THANKS for sending the photos!)

My other good friend, and ex-BFF (boyfriend forever), Steve, called last night from St. Louis after shaking hands with, you got it, STEVIE NICKS. I told that bitch (Steve) not to tell me if he got to shake her hand (of course I am jealous), so I don't know why he called me? Honestly, Steve and I have a little tradition... we usually go to the shows together (as we did when we were a couple) but if we can't go together, we call one another during the shows that we are at. I got to listen to "If Anyone Falls In Love" and the start of "Landslide" last night before the phone cut out. Steve had the nerve to take the guy he's been in a relationship with now for about 10 years, who is super nice/I love him, but that's besides the point, over me. All kidding aside, I am glad you both enjoyed the show.

What else, what else? "WE" heard from our dearest friend, "Princess" today via email. "Princess" and about 20 of her relatives/famiglia are staying in the village in Italy where her grandparents are from. "Princess" and I don't normally go for two weeks without communicating (it's been tough) but they are all having a GR-EAT time and "we" (me) will post her pictures when she returns!

Next week, "Kev" will be in Boston visiting with the "original" Princess, my favorite piano teacher Carrie (and her family)! She's the bomb. I am excited to see her and her family (as well as Boston)!


I mentioned in a prior post that I am losing weight (YAY!). I am now down 17 pounds (which is about half way to my overall goal of losing 40 pounds). I have been reluctant to really discuss this here (I DON'T want to be annoying about it and I don't want to have to report 6 months from now that I have gained it all back) but several people have asked what I am doing/what has worked for me. For me, seeing an unhealthy artery brimming with fat/cholesterol was effective. I tried to find a photo to give you an idea of what this looks like, but none of the photos I found looked as bad as what I saw in real life, although a clogged artery looks much like the popular snack food "Combos." As you can see from the picture above, how can any blood be pumped through all of that processed cheese? When I look at food now, I think of (or see) that artery. I was also having chest pains and had high blood pressure which prompted the change. In short, I have modified what I eat. I am not on a diet (I hate that word/concept) but have replaced all of the bad foods I love to eat with good foods I am learning to love to eat. Do I miss chocolate cake? Most certainly. Pizza? My long-lost friend. Peanut butter pie? My kryptonite - any of my "lovers" should have been as good. Anyhoo, I watch the calories I eat and the amount of sodium I consume. Sodium isn't good for you and makes you retain weight but it's in most everything we eat. You should have no more than 2,400 mgs of sodium each day. I try to keep my sodium to under 1,000 mgs per day and drink a lot of water, which filters out the sodium in your system. I still drink wine but anything else I drink is water. I eat about 1,200 calories a day (and I do feel hungry at times), but for the most part I feel full. Foods like almonds, apples and beans make you feel full and are all good for you. I'm also embracing the young girl inside of me that wants to go to the prom with the team's star quarterback (a dream that still works for me). I also walk in the park every day. I chart my course by following the "hottest" guy I see until the next "hottest" guy comes along and then I follow him. This process continues until my pedometer tells me I have made it 5 miles. The young (straight) couple next door has been walking with me and they indulge me by following this method. They let me lead. (This morning I knocked on their door, ready to walk, and we'll call him Billy, said "Isn't it too early for "hot guys?" I told him it is NEVER too early for "hot guys.") Let's face it, being able to tie my shoe without losing my breath is fun and the boys (as in old gay trolls in Atlanta) are noticing the change too! Good luck in YOUR healthy endeavors. It isn't easy. I know. But YOU can do it. Not you, (you aren't doing anything right, you are going to fail) but YOU can!

Okay kids - I hope YOU have a GR-EAT Saturday!

Hearts -

"Kev"






Finally... THIS ABBA song won't stop playing in my head (you might remember that Madonna used this in her song "Hung Up.")

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you've lost the entire 40 (is that like the lower 40?), I think we should all be treated to before and after pictures!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Deal. How are ya?!;

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm good. It's summer vacation. My very last one!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter