Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Seven Wonders


Wut up? How is EVERYONE tonight? I am s-w-e-l-l, swell! I am trying to phase out the "we" and third person references to myself. Gets old and is a bit immaturish (which is sort of like me anyway). Don't worry - I'm still calling you BITCHES (that never gets old).

I don't know what is going on in the world, so I am going to talk (write) about my favorite topic again, ME! (I will try to relate it to you, so you get some value out of your visit here. If nothing else, I hope you enjoy the pretty picture...)

Anyhoo, I met a new neighbor last weekend who is as BIG a Stevie Nicks fan as I am! I spotted him in the lobby wearing his "the boots are back" Stevie Nicks tee (see last Wednesday's post) and felt compelled to speak to him. I learned that he has practiced the same ritual I have practiced for YEARS. He mentioned that whenever he buys a new car or moves into a new home, the first song he plays is a Stevie Nicks song. Not only do I do this as well (honest engine), when I get on a plane, I also listen to the same Stevie Nicks song that I have loved for years, which is "Seven Wonders" (I always thought it was a song about traveling to exciting places... "If I live to see the seven wonders, I'll make a path to the rainbow's end. I'll never live to match the beauty again"). Here's where I relate this back to YOU... Does anyone else practice this ritual? Why, as humans, do we have rituals? What purpose do they serve? Certainly, they hold meaning for us. (I don't have the answer, but perhaps YOU do!)

Okay, that's all I have to write about tonight. I hope YOU have a GR-EAT... HUMP DAY!

Hugs not thugs -

"Kev"



As an aside... If you watched the video, you heard Stevie sing the lyric, "You touched my hand, all the way down to Emmeline." Stevie co-wrote this song with Sandy Stewart who wrote the lyric, "You touched my hand, all the way down you held the line." Stevie didn't understand that and thought Sandy wrote, "all the way down to Emmeline." Note - there is no place in the world - city, state, continent, province, etc..., etc... named "Emmeline." (I tried to visit there.) And don't even get me started on the seven wonders. They change all of the time. My new weight loss is one of them, as well as the guy photod above though, I am sure!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter