Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Secret Phone Friend


HELLO! It's ME and it's YOU! We're all HERE!

I am a little beside myself today... I mentioned in Monday's post that "Kev" (that's me) would be getting something from someone in Stevie Nicks' "inner circle" that no other fan has. While I can't share the details YET, I can tell you that I spoke on the phone for over an hour last night with this person who is a verified/certified friend of Stevie's as well as many other rock stars, including another one of my favorites, Don Henley. I've known of this person for years but didn't expect to ever speak with them. This person even knew Jimi Hendrix! To say I am "excited" about this is an understatement. I didn't ask any questions - I simply sat, listened and took it all in. I am now referring to this person as my "secret phone friend" because they have called me several times over the past 3 days (no lie!) and asked me not to give out any of their information (phone or email), which I will respect. I will share what I can when the time is right. (It's all very Kristy McNichol, "Summer of my German Soldier" right now. I love drama.) No, it is not Waddy Wachtel.

I also dreampt about Stevie again last night...

Okay, in addition to speaking with my "secret phone friend," I also spoke with my not-so-secret BFF, "Princess" last night. We were talking about those stupid songs that make people cry (like "Wildfire," a song about a little girl dying and a horse being lost when there came an early frost - you know it, we posted it here a week or so ago.) Anyhoo, here is a song that just "gets to" "Princesses" hubby -



And here is a song that I absolutely hate... You should NEVER listen to this song in the dark while smoking pot (like a crazy person would) -



Here's where we ask YOU to tell us about those songs that make you cry...

Okay, that's IT for now.

Buenos Noches Tacos!

"Kev"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I must have missed a post because i am guessing that you are referring to "wildfire" by michael martin murphy..... one of my favorite people. i have seen him in taos, nm multiple times in small venues. that is one on my favorite songs. i am searching the blog now for that post. up early for a conference call and now i'm excited to be up. ;-) Mr. P.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cried over Leather & Lace today, and I thought of you. :-)
-AE
xoxo

9:33 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Did you cry because you found the song moving or because it was just that bad? Steve, my first best ex-boyfriend forever (ex-BFF), whom you know, and I recorded that back in the day at Soundtracks in San Frnacisco. I asked him to give it to me so I could put the audio on the blog and he said no way. He sang Stevie's part and I was Don Henley. He couldn't believe I let him "be" Stevie in the song, but, truth be told, I did! Anyhoo, no more crying for you! Hugs and love,
Kevin

9:56 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey Mr. P!
Kenny Chesney also recorded that song! (I know you like him!) THANKS for alerting us to the Davis sighting. I am one of his fans!
Kisses bitch!
Kevin

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter