Sunday, January 11, 2009

Facebook


It's SUNDAY! It is cold and cloudy here in the A-T-L, kids!

Not much to report today EXCEPT I now have a Facebook "husband." Don't you LOVE Facebook? I have to say, I was reluctant to join. Just seemed silly. Now I check everyones status (and update mine) from my phone! I gotta know every minute of every day what YOU are all up to! What is my neighbor doing? Who are they dining with and where? When did they have their last BM? Who's divorced now (no lie, I read about someones divorce on Facebook). How is my long-lost girlfriend from college that I now have to come out to? And the quizzes... Why pay a therapist when all the self discovery you need can be found there. I have learned so many fascinating things about myself (like I watched WAY too much television as a child, scoring 100% on "How Well Do You Know The Brady's" "How Well Do You Know The Partridge Family," and "How Well Do You Know The Golden Girls" quizzes). Emotionally, I am 7, physically 32, chronologically 41 but I will live to be 89 - all this I learned from Facebook! You get the idea. No need for real interaction anymore. That's overrated anyway. Anyhoo, I have longed for the day I could change my relationship status in Facebook to "in a relationship." I was commenting on this new (new to me anyway) phenomenon of Facebook last night at a party (taking a tally of who is/isn't on, asking people to poke me, etc.) when my dear (and can I just say, "hot") friend Tim offered to take our Facebook relationship to the next level. We consummated the union by exchanging water globes (virtual ones, of course). So there you have it. I'm married.

The self portrait above, which reminds me of an Andy Warhol, was taken WHILST talking to my best friend EVER, JoAnn, on the phone this morning. She regaled me with tales of her time out on the town last night. I wanted her to know two things - 1) the smile she brought (and ALWAYS brings) to my face and 2) YES, I wear the Galaxy hat she gave/sent me! (She is keenly aware of my David Beckham obsession.)

OH, that reminds me! I dreampt about Jennifer Aniston last night. As you know, I only dream in celebrity. The dream was a lot of fun. In it, she was roommates with my friend Zane and had a pet monkey (which later got out of the house and ran away... that part was sad) but she quizzed me on "Friends" episodes and I got every answer right.

That's IT for today kids. Look for me on Facebook!

Kev

2 Comments:

Blogger dmarie said...

i got 100% on the brady quiz, too...and i totally guessed on most of the questions. i think we may be getting scammed (or i'm a phenomenally good guesser).
i love the self-portrait! you're a hottie! xxoo

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey Doll!
How are you? I agree, I can't believe I got 100 on all of those. I was never a good test taker...
Did you have a good weekend?
Thanks, as always, for the compliment. I have a web cam now, so I can take pictures! Have a good week!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter