Thursday, April 02, 2009

Some Pictures For You...


Who wants to see some pictures from last weekend's ING Georgia Marathon/Half Marathon?

Alright - for those of you who raised your hands, and shouted "ME!" keep reading.

For those who said, "Um, no, no thanks," come back tomorrow! ("We" understand - sometimes other people's pictures are very boring.)

The following images are from the AJC (local newspaper). I thought some of these images were nice...

First, here I am! Don't I look happy (and a little malnourished)? Oh, okay, this is really the WINNER, Patrick Cheruiyot of Kenya, who completed the half marathon almost exactly one hour before me at 1:05:18. My time, again, was 2:05:03


The house in the center of this picture is the birthplace of Martin Luther King, Jr.. (This neighborhood isn't very safe. There. I said it.)


I love Atlanta...


It was dark and cold (up in here), just 44 degrees, when the race began.


Those flowers were for me. (Isn't my BF the cutest in his little cap? I wonder what his name is? Okay, I am lying to you again.)



Again, I love this city. It's a nice place to live.


Here I am... Approaching the finish line. (The most anxiety I had over this run was about what to wear... Seriously. It turns out, I wore the OLDEST running shirt I own. It's the most comfortable. Shoes and socks are critical (THANKS David for your wisdom!).


This is BEFORE the race began with my friends and neighbors, Julian and Ric! (I love them. They're silly.) You can see that it is still dark outside (and Ric is wearing my jacket).


Getting closer to the finish line...


And finally... FINISHED! (You can see the two chip sensor strips here on the ground that I just passed over, and the orange chip on my shoe, capturing my final time of 02:05:03! HA HA HA. (I am trying to be humble and gracious as David tells me I should be, but I am just no good at humble or gracious. That's too hard.)


Bye everyone. I hope YOU have a GREAT Friday.

Kev

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter