Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It's A Great Day To Be Gay!


Whenever I am asked if I would have preferred to be straight vs. gay, I, probably like a lot of other 'mo's in the world, reply "Duh!" "Gay life," as you know, isn't always as fun and farcical as it appears here at "Kev's Corner" (unless you are Lance Bass). You've read the headlines. We can't marry. We can't serve in the military (which is "OK" with "Kev"...He HATES violence). Some of our friends and family disown us. Some even want to tie us to a fence and beat us (or we just happen to be on a really bad date). Sorry, a little morose, I know. We're expected to out-dress and out-decorate our straight male counterparts while being fun and witty, while still being able to banter about the weekend's game. Anyway, being gay comes with a LOT of responsibility and pressure (as would the Miss America or Miss Universe titles). Between you and me (and cyber space), it's no wonder most gay guys are real temperamental "bitches." Not "Kev" though...

At (almost) 40, I have learned to accept and embrace those "gay" things that I cannot change. I like Madonna. I like Ricky Martin. I saw Cher's "Farewell Tour" 6 times (and cried each time it ended). I like Paris Hilton's little dog. I want to BE Paris Hilton (except for the sex tape scandal - that's all her...). I like latte's and sheets that are at least 1,000 thread count. I like Justin Timberlake (a LOT). I even like Nick Lachey...We all know I LOVE Stevie Nicks. You get the picture. I am VERY gay (sorry Grandma...). So, knowing this, there are days I proclaim "Great Days To Be Gay" when I embrace and celebrate that which I cannot change. Today is one of those days...

You might know that the Dixie Chicks (Natalie, Martie & Emily) are making their way across the country to promote their latest CD, "Taking The Long Way" in their "Accidents & Accusations" tour. The "chicks" will perform at Philips Arena, here in Atlanta, on December 2nd and "Kev" has 5th row seats! Yes, friends, "It's A Great Day To Be Gay!" "Kev" has been a "chicks" fan for many years, has all of their CD's, and feels the need to support them now more than ever.

To Patrick, thanks for coming along! See you December 2nd! To JoAnn, you are the "coolest" mom, ever, for taking your daughter to the show...Finally, to Deborah, my dear, the "chicks" are NOT lesbians.

To learn all about the Dixie Chicks, visit their official website at www.dixiechicks.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter