Thursday, November 02, 2006

"Kev's" Kin


HAPPY THURSDAY FROM ALL OF US TO ALL OF YOU!

"Kev" is on vacation this evening but wanted to share this (very old) photo, circa, I don't know when. "Kev" is second from the left or third from the right (I don't know which is correct - I am the shortest one), next to Uncle Jimmy, and also clutching Aunt Edith who is next to "Kev's" sister, Karen. This is one of my favorite childhood photos...Weren't we cute? Notice the fine craftsmanship on the bangs of the three yo-yo's I am standing with. This picture reminds me of the MikWright cards. I can see the caption now..."Kids, mom is going away for awhile. If you get hungry, your father's in the freezer."

I think I was crying shortly before this picture was taken because I couldn't wear my sister's hat or my aunt's gloves... At this age, my "nickname" was "Little Kevin" and my aunt would say, "Kevin, Kevin, you stink to high Heaven" (because I wasn't yet potty trained...). This is also the same aunt who called me "Casper, The Friendly Ghost." What a bitch. (I am, of course, KIDDING... I still love her.)

I hope everyone had a GR-EAT day... "Kev" will be back with another "HOT Guy" tomorrow, but I am sorry to say, it isn't George Clooney... It is, however, someone "nominated" by another friend of the "Corner." He's really HOT - we think you will like him...

To Aunt Edith -
THANK YOU for sending me this picture - it always makes me smile. Hugs and kisses to you. (Can I have those gloves now?)

To Uncle Jim - (Who is also the "technical advisor" of "Kev's Corner")
You crack me up.

To Karen, my dear big sister -
You are STILL just as cute. I love you! (Can I have that hat now?)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you can have the gloves now. And the little white tights too. *smile*
Love, Aunt Edith
xoxo

8:16 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

sweet...

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were one cute little dude. i love pix like that. you should see some of our Easter photos from the '70s...boy oh boy...
xo

12:41 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Thanks! Send me YOUR pics - I WILL put them up! Actually, I would L-U-V, luv, if all of the "readers" (visitors) sent me their crazy childhood photos so I could "publish" them here at the Corner. (I may also sell them on the side, but hey, you wouldn't mind, right?) I, too, enjoy seeing everyone's pictures. I can see why you would think this is an Easter photo (the other "Kitten" said the same thing) but it was actually a wedding they were all attending and I had to stay home. Which might be the real reason I look a bit sullen.)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter