Friday, October 20, 2006

Last Dance


They say all good things, and mediocre ones too, must come to an end... After MUCH thought, I have decided that I can't devote the time and energy to maintaining "Kev's Corner" the way that I would like to, and well, if I can't "do it right," I would rather not do it at all, at least for now... (That's typical "Kev.")

Before I go, however, I have to say that I never imagined this blog would have been read by my family, friends, co-workers, former teachers, ex-loves, one-night stands, complete strangers, the mail man, the UPS man, the concierge downstairs, and probably the U.S. Government (OK, I am just getting carried away here...).

While I will not take the "Corner" down again, and hope you will "enjoy" previous posts, I am devoting the time I would spend here to another "project"... Once that is "complete," "Kev" will be back...

Until then, THANKS for stopping in! Be well and Godspeed (whatever that means).

Much love,

"Kev" (and Tracey)

P.S. Over the months, a few people have asked me about something contained in my profile - the cake being left out in the rain and "loving it." I couldn't leave you, if only temporarily, without giving you a response.

Here is the answer...

Spring was never waiting for us, dear
It ran one step ahead
As we followed in the dance
Between the parted pages and were pressed,
In love's hot, fevered iron
Like a striped pair of pants

CHORUS
MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down...
Someone left the cake out in the rain (HERE YOU GO!)
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

I recall the yellow cotton dress
Foaming like a wave
On the ground around your knees
The birds, like tender babies in your hands
And the old men playing checkers by the trees

CHORUS

There will be another song for me
For I will sing it
There will be another dream for me
Someone will bring it
I will drink the wine while it is warm
And never let you catch me looking at the sun
After all the loves of my life
You'll still be the one.

I will take my life into my hands and I will use it
I will win the worship in their eyes and I will lose it
I will have the things that I desire
And my passion flow like rivers through the sky.
And after all the loves of my life
After all the loves of my life
I'll be thinking of you
And wondering why.

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down...
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!
Oh, no
No, no
Oh NO!!

"MacArthur Park," Donna Summer

(I do not know what this song means, but it is VERY dramatic and VERY "gay." I used to sing it A LOT. It is also probably one of the worst songs ever written and recorded. I LOVED it...)

Finally, click NOW WHO LEFT MY CAKE OUT IN THE RAIN? to watch Donna Summer perform "MacArthur Park."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn it... Now what am I going to read with my coffee every morning?? Your blog was near the top of my Bookmarks!

Wishing you well as you move on to "bigger and better" things!

XO,
Your favorite piano teacher (still?)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

You will ALWAYS be my favorite piano teacher! I miss our "Tuesday Night Music Sessions" (or were they Wednesday? Did we rotate? I don't know..) and think of you OFTEN. I listen to YOUR music and I am waiting for your CD to be produced young lady...I still have the song you wrote for me, and I still love it (even though you wrote it by using the digits of my phone number as oppsosed to it being inspired by our times together. It's OK...)You are, truly, an angel and I think of you when I play and still remember what you taught me! I emailed you, so I hope you got it! XOXOXO

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten email from you in ages. I hope it didn't accidentally go into my Spam folder... If so, it's gone forever!

Try again!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Mr D!! (My 5th grade teacher, everybody) I had no idea you were among the readers, seriously! I think I know the connection though...How are you??? Is your email/phone the same? I definitely want to talk to you! Did you see the pics of your other former students, Bryan and Bill? The blog isn't going away permanently - just a "hiatus". I hope you enjoy what's up here so far and aren't too disappointed in your former student..Let's connect!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kev! You are the best! Of course - you brought tears to my eyes with the Donna Summers' song (which I will admit I have sung at the top of my lungs in my younger days)....

Sorry to see Kev's corner take a hiatus - but I understand completely.

Love you always,
Dark & Twisty & Wicked
SG.....

8:23 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Not to "date" myself (or anyone else) but I used to sing that song when I was like, 10. It was long gone before "Kev" ever set foot in a club (I am, after all, only 25...). I came out to the likes of Whitney and Madonna.
I KNOW I will be talking with you on Monday. Have a good weekend. You are a GREAT co-worker and friend.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

P.S. "Last Dance" (the title of this post) is ALSO another (very bad) Donna Summer song - I couldn't help myself...

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"last dance" is my FAVORITE donna summer song! i'll miss your comments about life and the world. you can always call and tell me tho...xxoo

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter