Thursday, May 03, 2007

Happy Birthday To... ME!


Welcome BACK bitches! (Again, this just doesn't get old.)

Well my friends, the big day is HERE. The day I have written about for MONTHS. 40. That would be a "4" followed with a "0." The 'ol forty. For-tee. For-dy. No matter how many times I write it, say it, think it... I don't like it. But what can I do?

While I have contemplated this birthday more than any other, I actually haven't thought about what I would write here at the "Corner" today EXCEPT that had I been born just a few hours earlier, I would have shared my birthday with current "crush" and uber sexy HOT guy, DAVID BECKHAM. Oh well, I suppose sharing a birthday with Frankie Valli, Bing Crosby and James "KNOCK ME OUT/I FEEL GOOD" Brown is, well, fine.


I am super happy of the fact that I was born the very month and year that the original Fleetwood Mac was formed. I told Mick Fleetwood this. Twice. I call it destiny.

I can tell you that the only time I have ever been early for anything was the day I was born. (I have been late for everything else ever since. No lie.) "Kev" arrived two months early and weighed just 4 pounds and 6 ounces.

I spent last evening looking through the "archives" (fancy way of saying the box under my bed) trying to decide what pictures I would share with you today. I came across pictures from many of my past birthdays and all brought a smile to my face. I could not choose just one or two (and am too lazy to scan them all).


My "favorite" birthdays (so far) were those spent with my two "B ex BFF's," (that's best ex boyfriends forever) Steve and David. (Last year's birthday in Paris was memorable too, only because I was in Paris!) They both were (and are) very thoughtful and creative guys (and excellent gift givers). Oddly enough, both would send me on scavenger hunts throughout our home(s), often ending in some super awesome gift like a car or a million dollars. Okay, I embellish a bit, but I did get a LOT of Stevie Nicks tickets just by turning another year older, including the ticket that allowed me to meet Stevie for the very first time (again, THANKS David). Does everyone remember "Zima" (the clearmalt beverage)? One year Steve decided it would be fun for me to drink a Zima before "earning" the next clue in his scavenger hunt. I believe I had 8 Zima's before I found my "present" (which was a bicycle that I could not ride because I had 8 Zima's). Another birthday, my 28th, Steve had a "surprise" party for me at his mom's house and the nice "surprise" was that all of Steve's family (whom I LOVED), as well as my sister, nephews and grandfather were there. It was the only "surprise" party I have had and it remains one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.

The past few birthdays have been spent quietly with my dear Atlanta-based friend, June, who makes me feel like every day is my birthday (she's super nice - you all need to meet her).

THANKS to everyone for the cards and email!

To help me celebrate, turn your speakers way up high, let's travel back to 1967 and sing along to "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles. (While a nice sentiment, in addition to love, one also needs money. A lot of it. I think John, Paul, George and Ringo know this. You can't pay the rent with love, unless, perhaps you sleep with your landlord.)



Finally, I was going to share a picture of "Kev" at 40, but I just look pissed off in the most recent picture I have (taken at my office), so I opted for the last picture I have from my "early years." (It's only about 39 years old, when my outlook on life was GR-EAT.) My super awesome grandmother took me for this picture.


We hope you have a GR-EAT Thursday!

As always, THANKS for stoppin' in!

"Kev" will be back tomorrow with another "Friday HOT Guy!"

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you are one of the cutest little babies I have ever seen! I just want to pinch those dimpled cheeks and bite that baby arm! Yes, I'm a baby-biter.

Happy Birthday to the best friend a girl could hope for - you are kind (unless provoked), generous (unless broke), loyal (unless crossed), reliable (unless you change your mind), funny (unless you're crabby - but then you're even funnier!).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - AND MANY MORE, BITCH!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

First, thanks for the "props" on the baby pic!
Second, I would say that's a pretty fair assessment of my character!
Have a GR-EAT DAY!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww... that photo is precious! It looks like something you'd see in a Norman Rockwell painting, or the equivalent.

I already sent a quick "Happy Birthday" note to you, but just wanted to comment on the adorable picture.

Wish we could share some cheesecake and some laughs for your big day - but just know I'm thinking of you.

Hugs,
Carrie

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep in mind that this is all I wanted to share on the blog. But now I feel gushy. The way I feel about you is beyond words and beyond the silliness I just displayed. From the bus stop, to your apartment in Glen Ellyn (remember Spike? getting your widsom teeth pulled? the crazy landlady's grandson? I'll chop you up and put you in a bucket - wasn't that it?), to your days at Elmhurst College and nights at The Drake, it's been a friendship to treasure.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey Carrie! (Princess I)
I got your email (and I think you may have sent some pictures that I look forward to seeing). I am going to read the email tonight from home and look through the pictures too! I hope you are feeling GR-EAT (sounds like you may be on bed rest right now...) Have a GR-EAT day and thanks for "stoppin in!!"

3:14 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Princess II -
Yes, we have a lifetime of memories, don't you think? I think it is "special" that we have maintained a friendship now for 27 years! Without also sounding too "gushy," your friendship has meant the world to me since the day we met and you are like the wife I will never have (but always wished I did). Thanks for everything you do. You are one of a kind and I adore everything about you.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kev,
In honor of our Irish heritage, I toast thee on your 40th! :)

May you die in bed at 95, shot by a jealous lover.

May the good Lord take a liking to you, but not too soon!

May you live 100 years, with one extra year to repent.

May the doctor never earn a pound out of you.

May God grant you many years to live, for sure he must be knowing, the earth has angels all too few and heaven is overflowing...

We drink to your coffin. May it be built from the wood of a hundred year old oak tree that I shall plant tomorrow.

Hope your day is G-R-E-A-T!
XOXO

6:42 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

I love it! Yes, we should embrace our Irish roots a bit, don't you think? I hope you are having a great week! Let me know what you think of the "Kev's Corner" tee shirt. I think I can make an exception and just give you one since you are "blood" and all!
Love ya!
Kevin

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take a dozen! :-)
xoxo

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, my friend!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey Laura! How are ya darlin? Thanks again for your help with my blog! Your direction worked perfectly, however, as you can see, I have opted not to advertise on the site. I hope you have a good weekend and thanks for stoppin in over here. (I need to recruit you for this blog!)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

AE -
A dozen it is!
Love ya!

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter