Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ring The Alarm


HEY HEY, you made it! C'mon in!

It's... HUMP DAY ladies and gentlemen.

First up, Paris is FREE! Catch her first interview tonight on CNN's "Larry King Live" at 9 p.m. (ET). (I can HARDLY wait.)


"HOT" presidential candidate, John Edwards, is featured on the July/August cover of "Men's Vogue." This photo was snapped by our favorite photog, Annie Leibovitz. John Edwards recently released a statement addressing his position on gay marriage. While I didn't read it (I'm very busy), I don't think he is for it. Since both he and Matt Lauer are married, (yes, I LOVE Matt Lauer) the cause seems futile to me. Okay, I am KIDDING. I don't love Matt Lauer. And of course I believe ALL citizens should be afforded the same rights and privileges (as John Edwards and Matt Lauer).

Nancy Grace revealed that she is both married AND pregnant with twins. GOOD FOR YOU! WAY TO GO! (I don't like her.)

Okay, today is a very SPECIAL day here at "The Corner." It was on this day 29, er, 32, I mean 34 (but not more than 35, for sure) years ago that one of my dearest friends was born. While she maintains a low profile here (only commenting now and again), she is my very best friend in Atlanta. My other Atlanta friends know this. We met at the office. On my first day she said "welcome" and hugged me. We became INSTANT friends. One of her first comments to me was "You're such a blond," to which I replied, "Oh alright! It's a toupee!" (I thought she had "found me out." She's sharp that way.)

If you haven't guessed already, today is my friend June's birthday. (Tobey Maguire and Helen Keller were also born on this day, but I don't know those people.)


I have written about her here before, so you may recall that June is super cool (like a rock star). She has lived all over this country as well as abroad. She has had "amazing" life experiences (that I can't write about here, although they ARE featured in Chapter 5 of my book). She is as cute as a bug and has an adorable twinkle in her eyes. In just 5 years, I have collected volumes of memories of fun times spent with June. This includes the night we met Kim Carnes, you know, the "Bette Davis Eyes" lady from the '80's. (Neither of us cared to meet Kim Carnes, by the way. We were roped into it.) I also remember the night we were asked to work a table selling Sandi Patti CD's at the Woodruff Arts Center. For those of you who don't know Sandi Patti, she is a Christian performer, hence, I wasn't familiar with ANY of her CD's (neither was June) but we readily recommended the "best" one to those who asked. (The "best" one was the one we had the most of, so it changed throughout the night with our sales. I think we sold them all.) June has also attended a few Fleetwood Mac concerts with me, even when she was in a cast with a sprained/broken ankle (and I made her stand because I wasn't going to stand alone). She may tell you about the time we were traveling on business together when I left her, after taking a red-eye flight back home (with the aforementioned sprained/broken ankle) because I was simply too tired to wait around for her (she couldn't keep up). She may also tell you about the time I "forgot" to pick her up at the airport at 6 or 7 a.m. on a Saturday or Sunday morning. (Really, I wonder why she remains a friend?) While we don't do this anymore, and I coerced her into it, we used to attend "triple features" at the local cinema. You know, pay for one, see two more for free. It was great fun and I can see why the kids do it. We stopped once we realized our pictures were hanging up behind the concession counter (and the guilt set in).

June attends all of the "gay" functions with me. She met Billy Bean. She met Reichen (sat RIGHT next to him as a matter of fact - boy were all the gays, including me, jealous). June attended the "pride" festival with me (and had more fun than I did). She readily asked, "Are there any "HOT Guys" you want pictures of" and made me pose with a guy in a singlet and another in a speedo. She is simply, like my other best friends, nuts. I love her.

Please stomp your feet, clap your hands, ring the alarm and shout "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to my friend JUNE!

Here is June at the Atlanta Zoo. Okay, I am KIDDING. It's Phoenix. Oh, alright, we can't fool you... This was taken in Morocco. I can only imagine that this camel was a gift bestowed upon June by a young sheik she charmed out of his thobe, tagiyah and ghutra.


"We" hope you ALL have a GR-EAT day today. Please come back tomorrow because we will be celebrating yet another special someone who turns 40...

L-U-V,

"Kev"

Finally, please enjoy this video, my song for June...


UPDATE

I wanted to share this nice note/card my Grandmother sent to me (as well as other family members) today... (She's the cutest.)

Ten years ago today you were with me at Alexian Bros. Hospital when I got the heart valve. It's still ticking like a Timex! haha
I can never thank you enough for being with me through that trial. I love you very much and to my brother who helped me when I had rheumatic fever at 16 you no doubt saved my life at that time by getting me to the County Hospital. All of you were with me when I lost my son Bruce too. I have never forgotton that you were always there for me. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for always being there for and with me. I love you very much. Sis and Mom and G-Ma

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that John Edwards is almost too handsome. He is just that good-looking, in my opinion. Smart, rich, and handsome. Lethal combination.

Happy Birthday, June!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

I know! I love him! And I don't feel guilty about saying that, like I do when I profess my love for Justin Timberlake!

Yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNE! (She read the blog today, as she does every day, got a mani and pedi and then headed to the mountains.)

She told me I used all of the correct words to describe a sheik's clothing too! (I had to actually research that!)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter