Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Time Cast A Spell On You


It's TUESDAY! YAY! (We like to rhyme things here.)

So what's up bad ass?

As everyone knows, Stevie Nicks is touring the country, promoting her latest greatest hits CD, "Crystal Visions." It's been a few days since we've mentioned ANYTHING "Stevie," so we thought we would share some photos that we love.

I have to tell you, I am quite upset that I don't have tickets yet for either of the shows in Arizona! To make matters worse, I am now friends with a few "fans" who DO have tickets and they keep asking when I am going to get mine! I am supposed to be the "super fan," so I feel like I am letting Stevie, and myself, down.

Anyhoo, a long, long time ago, when I was a little gay (clarification... young gay), I had the 45 record of Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way." While I liked that song, I LOVED the "B" side, which didn't become popular until many years later when it was officially released in 1998 on Fleetwood Mac's "The Dance" CD. The song, that I had been singing FOR YEARS, was now playing on the radio and in the grocery store. At that time, "Kev" supervised a team of women in Arizona. One of the women modified the lyrics of this song and would sing it to "Kev." (I loved her...) She would sing, "You'll never get away from the sound of the woman who works for you." (She was right - I can STILL see/hear her singing this to me!) The song, called "Silver Springs," was written by Stevie to Lindsay Buckingham and reflected the tumultuous relationship the two had. As a gift, the rights and all proceeds generated from this song belong to Stevie's mom, Barbara Nicks. (Whom "Kev" has met and was also photographed with! She's darling.)

Since we haven't "featured" this (very intense) song here yet, we are sharing it with you today. We'd like to switch it up and say, "Time cast a spell on you. You won't forget me. Kev will follow you down till the words of his blog will haunt you." (Yes, I am punchy. That makes no sense.)

Enjoy the video though - it's one of my favorites!

Come BACK tomorrow (please) because we are going to celebrate someone VERY special to "Kev."

Much love,

"Kev"





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did Lindsay leave her for another woman? Who was she? Was she pretty? Did he love her?

Actually, I like the video...the way she sings directly to him at the end is great.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Really, she didn't wanna know. (And I am not sure either.)
YES, she really tells him off doesn't she? Awesome. I wish I could tell off my ass-istant like that! Just shout and yell at her. Do you think it would freak her out?
Most of her songs were written to Lindsay, who, yes, has a girls name.
If you watched the DVD portion of "Crystal Visions" (which I am sure you ALL did), she tells Tom Petty that he should have just made her one of the "Heartbreakers" and saved her from what would become a really rocky road with Fleetwood Mac.
Anyway, THANKS for watching the video! I love it!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter