Friday, October 12, 2007

Sometimes It's A Bitch


Okay, it "pains" me to be writing to you (really) but there is just SO much to say.

First, how are you? (We can't forget manners, right?)

On Tuesday, my arm/wrist/hand hurt so bad, I could barely type. Today is a little better (no shooting pain up my arm and my fingers aren't the size of swollen sausage links), so I'm coming back to tell you...

7 days until Stevie Nicks! YAY! One week from tonight, "Kev" and "Princess" will be in the FRONT ROW at the Rosemont Theatre. That's ROW A, baby!


HOT (gay) Guy LANCE BASS will be in Atlanta on October 25th signing his book, "Out of Sync." Unfortunately, "Kev" will be "Out of Town" and unable to attend the signing. He is very, very disappointed. (What I wouldn't give for a picture with Lance...) If you are here in Atlanta, GO! (It's at Outwrite, 8 p.m.) Smack his ass and say "hey!" for me. (The gays like that.)


Al Gore, along with the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, won a Nobel Peace Prize today for his/their work related to global warming. This is awesome. Congrats Al!

Vanessa Carlton's latest CD, "Heroes & Thieves" hit stores on Tuesday. Stevie joins Vanessa on one track titled, "The One." (It's on YouTube if you want to hear it.)

Yesterday was National Coming Out Day (did anyone come out?) as well as "Kev's" B ex BFF, Steve's, 42nd birthday. Steve is also recovering from foot surgery (while on vacation in the wine country). God speed Steve (and HAPPY BIRTHDAY)! (We're getting old...)

Remember me telling you about "spaghetti or a spanking" - a true quote I heard a father say to his daughter last week? Yesterday, I was waiting for MARTA (you know what that is, right? It's our train system here in A-town) and I overheard another father (on his cell phone, or mobile, if you wish) telling his kid, "When I get home, I am going to strangle you. Now put your mother on the phone." I had flash backs of that Alec Baldwin voice message to his daughter. (What's her name? Iceland?) Anyway, I purposely never wanted children, mostly because I don't like vagigi (I can't spell that) and would never want to bring someone in the world only to mess them up, but I am starting to think I wouldn't have been so bad.


On a (very) personal note, I have an appointment with the Bosley hair people. You know them, right? They make you pretty again when you don't have any hair. I learned that I am a "Class 6" (most severe, lacking much donor hair) but we'll see what they can do for me. Bald is NOT beautiful and I just hate it. Which reminds me, when I was a young gay, with just a receding hairline, I started getting brochures in the mail from HCM (Hair Club for Men), of which I later became a member, not because I requested the material, but because our very own "Princess" thought it would be amusing to order the brochure on my behalf. She was a "card" even back then, wasn't she?

OH, speaking of "Princess," she has a GR-EAT 15th anniversary story to share... You'll shit.

Finally, we would like to send warm thoughts to our friend Barb, who is "Kitten's" sister, in Phoenix. Barb doesn't read this, but she is my favorite of all of "Kitten's" family members (just please don't tell the others). They are all cute, fun, smart, interesting, etc. (like "Kitten," of course) but I just "clicked" with Barb. Anyway, this isn't about my fondness for Barb, BUT about the fact that Barb will be having heart surgery in November. "We" will be thinking about her and send "BIG HUGS" her way.

That's about all my wrist can handle for today folks. I hope you ALL have a GR-EAT weekend.

The Stevie Nicks song/video below, "Sometimes It's A Bitch," written for Stevie by Jon Bon Jovi, debuted on this very day back in 1991 (at #56 on Billboard's Top 100). Stevie did not want to sing the word "bitch" and needed some coercing to record this. (Please, bitch. We say bitch here every day. I guess back in 1991 it was still taboo and wasn't the badge of honor it is today.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kev,
how sweet of you to mention barb...she's young (42), healthy, and strong, and it will be a-okay, i'm sure. but your warm thoughts are very appreciated. take care of that wrist!! xxoo

11:30 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

I am sure she will be f-i-n-e, fine as well but she is in my thoughts. Please keep me posted. I hope you have a GR-EAT weekend. Smack Tiger on the ass and say "hey" for me (and then have him smack you and say "hey" as well!)

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very excited to see Stevie on Friday night. I am excitedly preparing for Kev's arrival - and a bit concerned about what to wear. I'll have it worked out by Friday night, I'm sure, but till then, I will be working hard!

Hope your wrists are feeling better - we'll have to get you massaged or something while you're here.

And yes, when I have a little more time I will tell everyone my anniversary story. It's a doozy - you can't help but love it (and Scott!). You will indeed shit!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter