Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good Times


Hey bitches! It's Thursday! Welcome BACK!

I have a problem. The theme from "Good Times" is playing in my head, for real (and it won't stop). You know it. "Temporary lay offs. - Good Times. Easy credit rip offs. - Good Times. Scratchin’ and surviving. - Good Times. Hangin in a chow line - Good Times. Ain’t we lucky we got ‘em - (no way, I say) Good Times." I hated that show. Back when I was young, I did not like watching programs that brought me to places I didn't want to be, like a housing project in a Chicago ghetto, for example. It didn't look like "Good Times" to me. (Especially because I grew up in a Chicago suburb where ghetto shootings seemed like a nightly news topic.) James was always being let go from a job, Florida had to work three, J.J. walked around shouting "Dyn-o-mite" - you know, you've seen it. The shows only saving grace was Willona (the neighbor across the hall) who actually looked like the laugh of the party (she was probably very noisy like my neighbors though). Anyhoo, I was walking to the CVS this evening when no less than 3 people asked "can you spare some change?" Sad? Yes. Unfortunate? For sure. Could I spare some change? No (I only had my debit card). However, this is when the theme started playing in my head. I couldn't watch "The Honeymooners" or "Star Trek" when I was a kid either for the same reason - I didn't want to be where they were taking me. (Ralph was always yelling and space exploration in other galaxies was never my thing. I did think Cpt. Kirk was hot though.) (The guy above looks like a good time though, doesn't he?)

IF you are a Stevie Nicks fan, like me, than go to Amazon.com and pre-order Stevie's new DVD/CD Soundstage performance filmed in Chicago last October. As you know, Stevie kicks off her summer tour tomorrow and I will be there! (I hadn't mentioned that yet, right?) This summer concert series (and when I say that, I mean MY summer concert series) is off to a GREAT start! In addition to the Stevie Nicks concerts, "Kev" will be seeing The Eagles (front row) and Dolly Parton! (You're all jealous, right?) (As an aside, I was given FREE tickets to see Avril Lavigne tomorrow here in Atlanta, and I would have gone (even though I don't like her) BUT I won't be here! If you are in town, perhaps you can catch Avril's free show. (That's very sad too, isn't it? Course, it's probably like the readership of our blog here. Only our close friends show up.)

Okay, that's IT. I hope you ALL have a GR-EAT weekend! "Kev" will be back Saturday night to tell you all about the show.

David Beckham Hugs (again, I don't know what I mean by that, but it has to be good) -
"Kev"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter