Saturday, April 19, 2008

KevshifterX


Welcome back y'all! It's SATURDAY! Get up! Get outta bed! Times a wastin'!

YES, I am delirious. You see, "Kev" (and friend) were in attendance at Stevie Nicks' concert in beautiful Reading, Pennsylvania at the Sovereign Center and "we" (me) are already back to tell you about it! (I have had about three hours of sleep...)

The show was, as always, GR-EAT. Vanessa Carlton opened (which was a nice surprise since I didn't know she would be performing prior to arriving last night). While she forgot some of her lyrics, she was still darling and I love her. I clapped and waved/basically showed her that her gay fans appreciate her (we do).

Stevie opened her set with my favorite song, "Stand Back," and continued to perform the set list from last year's "Crystal Visions" tour. (Which is what I expected.) All of the pictures you see here were NOT taken by me (since I don't own a camera) but are from the show. (My birthday is around the corner and I'd really like one, a camera that is... Just something for you all, even the strangers who read this, to think about...) "Kev" chose NOT to participate in last night's "edge walk" where Stevie shakes hands with fans in the first couple of rows (who all descend at the foot of the stage) while "Edge of Seventeen" plays. The "edge walk" sometimes takes away from enjoying the show for me (because I am wondering throughout the show if I am going to be able to shake her hand at the end and who I will have to push and shove to do so - I usually scout out the weakest link to the stage, i.e., the old people who are high, and take that route). By CHOOSING not to participate, I don't have to worry about all of that and can enjoy the show. I WILL however, shake her hand in Boston when I am front/center (that's a guaranteed hand shake). Anyhoo, Stevie has added MORE shows to her summer line up, including CHICAGO. I hope you ALL attend a show.





Okay, one of the goals of last evening was to find "shapeshifterX" (sounds like a crazy cartoon character with super powers, right? We couldn't be that lucky.) "ShapeshifterX" is a very, very SERIOUS, i.e., crazy and unattractive, Stevie-wanna-be woman who performs all of Stevie's songs, equipped with her own guitar, tambourine, cow bell and backing track (none of which she has mastered) in the comfort of her mystical/enchanted living room, mystical/enchanted backyard, or local lodge, which is also mystical and enchanting (it's true). Shapeshifter then places these clips/gems on YouTube (hence her YouTube user name) for all the world to enjoy. Take a look (not responsible for vomiting or bleeding ears)...



Can you handle another one? (I think this was taped a child's birthday party.)



I have commented on her videos/written to her many times asking her to please, in the name of Stevie, STOP making these God-awful videos. Cease and desist. She keeps deleting my comments though and ignoring my email. Anyhoo, we saw about a dozen women (and a couple men) who could have been ShapeshifterX but we could not locate her specifically. I had a "sense" she was with us last evening though.

Finally, I DID NOT know country cuties Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood covered Stevie's hit, "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around." It will never be as good as Stevie's version, but here it is for you to enjoy... (Stevie did not sing this last night.)



That's it friends. Enjoy your Saturday!

"KevshifterX"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shapeshifter is awesomely heinous. I'm scared of her. She does Stevie no good by doing that bleating/singing. It's like an SNL sketch. It doesn't sound sincere - and scarily, it is.

When is Miss Stevie comin' to Chi-town?

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter