Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday



So I'm back to the velvet underground. Oh, alright, that reference is lost on most of you I'm sure... What we mean (through the lyric of Stevie Nicks) is... WELCOME BACK. IT'S SUNDAY!

What's on your agenda today (after reading this, of course)?

Did everyone watch the debate on Friday night? I have to admit, I didn't. I had a date (yes, I said it) and, well, that is more important to me right now than any of these candidates, world affairs, the economy/my 401K plan, civil rights, the fact that I still haven't received my copy of Stevie Nicks' Soundstage performance in Chicago (okay, I threw that in there to tie in the picture above, although I put the picture there before writing a word this morning) etc., etc.. Selfish? Probably. When you haven't dated in as long as I haven't dated, you'd understand. Yes, I got the VAS pretty bad. (Inside joke, unless you have been reading our blog for some time, than you may get it.) That Jonas Brothers song won't stop playing in my head! Those boys are super prolific, aren't they? It's sort of funny that the guy singing the song, "Lovebug," is possibly 16, maybe 17, and he says, "I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again." Sort of bleak for that age. You're 16. You're a Jonas Brother. We'll be reading about your hook ups, break ups, "misunderstandngs" and transgressions, etc., etc., for years. That's a song a 40-year-old (like me) should be singing. Anyhoo... how was the debate?

Still a little sad over the passing of Paul Newman. Crazy, right? It's not like I knew him. I have to say, I think I would dub him as the original "HOT guy..." A beautiful man who devoted his life to his wife, his family and many in need. Let's not forget the steely blue eyes. Doesn't get any hotter than that. Are you "moved" when a celebrity you like passes away? (Or am I simply crazy?)

Alright, I need to go to Starbucks now. That means YOU have to get outta here.

I hope YOU have a GR-EAT day!

The song below is for all of you (but really just for you).

Hugs -

Kevin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not sure why, but i, too, get a little sad when a celebrity i liked passes away. the ones that have made me saddest have been john belushi and john denver (i cried). the first album i owned was a john denver one and i played it until it wore out.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

I LOVED John Denver too! The ones who die tragic/young deaths are extra sad too, aren't they? Have a GR-EAT day.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops...i'm not "anonymous"! it was me, kitten! xxoo

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter