Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rage


It's, you got it, THURSDAY! Welcome back you sonsofbitches (did I spell that correctly?). "We" hope YOU had the most pleasant day.

Okay, I have to tell you... I'm in "love." Yes, it's true. With my car. (There really is a straight guy lurking in the depths of my being. My two passions are cars and expensive watches, I don't put the toilet seat down and will really only tell you what I think you want to hear. Yes, that color looks GR-EAT on you, this dish is DELICIOUS and no, you don't look fat - see, I can do it.) While these pictures didn't turn out so well (I have a cheap, good-for-nothing camera), here he is... (My car is a he.) I wanted to get pictures of "him" racing through the leaves on a fall day, but these pictures in my parking spot will have to suffice.

Instead of pondering the upcoming election, the SIGNIFICANT drop in my 401K plan, the state of this world or anything else of relevance, I spent the lion share (is that spelled correctly) of the afternoon trying to decide on a name for my new car. You should know that this is my 5th car, it's true, in the past 5 years. My 11th car, overall. As a matter of fact, here is a list of the cars I have owned, in order that I owned them... 1) 1974 Chevy Vega, 2) 1978 Chevy Monte Carlo (two-toned, t-top - a real "guido" car, 3) Honda CRX (I loved this car), 4) Honda Civic (4-door sedan), 5) Honda Civic (two-door hatch back), 6) Chevy Tracker, 7) Volkswagen Jetta (good little car too), 8) 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor (I loved this car more than my life), 9) Honda Accord (two door) (I hated this car and took it back the very next day) 10) Honda CRV (never liked this car either, although in two years, it didn't have a scratch on it and only cost me about $150 in maintenance) and... finally, 11) my new Volvo S40. I am thinking of naming "him" "silver rage" (sounds fast, right?) or perhaps just "rage" (like a superhero). Can a Volvo be named "rage" or should that be reserved for a Lamborghini? I don't know. "Rage" was manufactured in Belgium and is ranked the 9th most popular car among Europeans. (I could not afford a Peugeot or Astin Martin.) "Rage" will take me from 0 - 60 in just 8.4 seconds and actually gets better gas mileage than the Honda! Impressive? Certainly.

Anyhoo, THANKS for indulging me (you see, I don't have children or even a pet).

That's IT my friends!

XOXO -

"Kev" (and "Rage")


1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

very nice car. My dream car is a toyota celica light powder blue so it looks silver when i speed past. Dont know why cause it isnt a big expensive car but it has always been a dream. Also gotta love a 1986 t top candy apple red camero with black interior and chrome finish. I love cars also.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter