Monday, May 25, 2009

Barracuda


It's Memorial Day, bitches! A day to remember all of those who have lost their lives whilst serving our country. I have to tell you... I received a text message this morning from one of the (flaky) gays I know here in Atlanta. The message read "HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!"... It just seemed odd and incongruent. While I do not know anyone personally who was killed at war, I do have a friend who lost their father in Iraq in 2004 and I am certain he is thinking of his father today. Anyway, I replied "YOU TOO BITCH!"

Fleetwood Mac's "Unleashed" tour stopped in Glendale, Arizona last night and sadly, I was not able to attend that show... Kitten - were YOU there? Let us know!

I love unexpected things, don't you? (But don't show up at my door because, well, that's rude). A couple of months ago a friend invited me to see the '70's classic rock sensation "Heart!" I forgot about the concert until yesterday afternoon when the friend asked what time we should head to the venue. Woops! (So the event has been classified as "unexpected.") Anyhoo, I don't care what anyone says, those girls (Ann and Nancy Wilson) are talented! I like them a lot. (I even bought a "Heart" tee shirt - sized white trash tight, which I am wearing right now - it has a barracuda down the side and it looks like a tattoo). Joan Jett, who was also very good, opened the show. "Heart" is of the same genre as, you got it, STEVIE NICKS so I felt like I was watching Stevie's "cousins" last night. I like strong rock 'n roll type ladies and they were GR-EAT! The crowd was a little rough but we fit in fine. The drunk lady next to me (seems like there is always a drunk lady next to me no matter where I go, "Tigra," grabbed my ass for two hours despite the fact that I told her I am gay. I didn't care, she didn't care, and let's face it, ass grabbing is fun. (She also commented on my flawless skin... She really won me over.)

This song made me cry (inside, of course...)



I like this one too... (Here are some of the lyrics so you can sing along)

"So this ain't the end. I saw you again today. I had to turn my heart away. Smile like the sun kisses for everyone and tales it never fails. You're lying so low in the weeds. I bet you're gonna ambush me. You'd have me down, down, down, down on my knees, now wouldn't ya, barracuda." (LOL! Reminds me of a barracuda I know!)



Okay, I gotta go now bitches.

Heart,

Barracuda

1 Comments:

Blogger dmarie said...

that woulda been a dream concert for me...heart and joan jett. very cool.
i was not at fleetwood mac, sadly. sniff. i am losing my "fun chick" card and gaining a "nerd mom" card...

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter