Monday, May 11, 2009

Bea Arthur


You should know that if you send me an email, it is fair game for "The Corner." (You knew that, right?) Mostly because I have run out of things to write about and some of YOU are pretty funny.

The email/feedback below came from my friend Steve, not to be confused with my ex-BFF of the same name. I met Steve in high school and he is VERY funny.

Steve writes...

"A few things to cover.

I will admit, I have been a bit late in reading "the corner". But,
did you not pay tribute to the death of Bea Arthur? If you didn't I
am shocked and I am thinking of coming to ATL and taking away your gay-blog card/keyboard. 5 star vip shit is nothing on the death of a
Golden Girl! But, you looked good in that shirt and your neighbor is
kinda cute. Are you sleeping with him? Girls gotta eat, so why not
make it in the same building, no need to go out when it rains!

Have a good weekend"

In response to my silly friend, I will say YES we were remiss in mentioning the passing of Bea Arthur. Tisk tisk. The truth is, "we" were so busy consoling mourners that day (it's true, I wish I were making that up...) that "we" overlooked it here. "We" hope you will forgive us. When Betty or Rue "hears the call of the night bird" (yes, that's a Stevie Nicks reference to death) "we" will be all over it! So, if you haven't heard, actress Bea Arthur, most famously known for playing "Maude" on the sitcom of the same name and for playing "Dorothy" on "The Golden Girls," has died. She was 86 (just shy of her 87th birthday, which is May 13th).

Next topic - No, I am not sleeping with my neighbor but do agree that he is cute (he's smart and nice too so I am not attracted to him - I like my men CRAZY). Also, experience has taught me that a little rain never hurt anyone. I love the picture of us though. Mostly because I am standing closer to Stevie's microphone, under the stage light, and I look like the star. My neighbor is standing back a little bit, out of the light, like a stage hand. (In "real life," he's the star and I'm the stage hand.)

Finally, THANKS for the props on the shirt, which, I admit, is the real reason I am sharing your email! I LOVE Ben Sherman! His shirts were made for me! I have 6 now (size small) and watch what I eat just so I can continue wearing them!

Isn't Steve hysterical folks? He cracks me up. THANKS for the email Steve! "We" want him to join the staff here and write for "The Corner."

TODAY is our friend Patrick's birthday. While I was not in town to celebrate with him, it sounds like he did plenty of celebrating on his own (he needs to get his ass to Promises). Anyway, raise whatever it is you are drinking ("we" need to get to Promises too) and help wish our friend Patrick a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

"Kev" will be continuing his tour with Fleetwood Mac, rejoining them (from the stage) in NASHVILLE! YAY! The Nashville concert will be "Kev's" 54th Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks concert! YAY! I like writing YAY! (I did get another funny email from Jean, you know, our British friend in London, who said that she thought the Fleetwood Mac thing was just a phase, since, like Steve, Jean and I have been friends since high school.)

Okay, I have nothing left to say today. I hope YOU have a GR-EAT Tuesday

Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter