Tuesday, April 28, 2009

5-Star VIP


Who is so excited he can't contain himself? ME! I really can't explain it, but in my "world" it doesn't get much better than being up front at a Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks concert! Yes, I am ob-sessed with her. She's just so pretty, isn't she? When she comes on the stage, I go cr-azy.

In case you didn't know... (Okay, you've read this blog so you know...) Fleetwood Mac is here in the A-T-L TONIGHT (at Philips Arena) and "Kev" will be having a buffet style dinner before the show with Mick Fleetwood. It's all part of the 5-Star VIP treatment I have become accustomed to. (I'm a 5-star VIP in my head.) TONIGHT will mark the 53rd time I have seen Stevie Nicks and/or Fleetwood Mac in concert. It never gets old and is always as exciting as it was back in the 80's when I first started attending the shows. Someone asked me recently what goes through my head/what I think about as I watch Stevie Nicks perform. You know, no one has ever asked me that before. I find her captivating, so I am mostly just watching her, appreciating her "beauty" and her voice/style/lyrics are like none other to me. It's exciting. She has great stage presence and every move or gesture she makes thrills me. Certain songs "speak to me" and I think of the people in my life that the songs remind me of, although I do enjoy many of the songs without attaching any meaning to them. I actually don't have a single "favorite" song because they all mean something a little different to me. Stevie Nicks has no plans of ever retiring so I hope to keep attending as many shows as I can until I am very old. It's really been a life-long obsession since I was a big fan already back in 1975 (which is so weird since I wasn't even born until, well, WAY after that...). Okay, thanks for indulging me/letting me serve up a little "crazy" today (I get it/I own it.) (By the way, I STILL have friends who chide me about this obsession... My friend Russ, whom I have asked to let me watch my Stevie Nicks DVDs on his television (because he has an AWESOME theatre/surround sound system) tells me no, because he is afraid she would sound "cracklie." He doesn't want me to have a bad Stevie Nicks experience at his home (although I have my suspicions that he doesn't want to watch her with me....).

Alright, if YOU are in Atlanta, GO SEE FLEETWOOD MAC tonight! If you aren't in Atlanta, come back tomorrow to see the pic of Mick Fleetwood and me!

Rock A Little -

Kevin

Here are some YouTube clips from the show I was at on Saturday... I am still reeling from it.





THIS is the view I had...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter