Thursday, November 30, 2006

Seven Days Of Stevie


The last two posts have contained some really "steamy" photos, that I l-o-v-e, love, but we (the staff) thought we would bring it down a notch (for today anyway) and share this picture of Stevie Nicks.

This is the very photo that Stevie signed, "To Kevin, Much Love, Stevie Nicks" that sits beside my bed. Gay? Certainly.

As mentioned previously, Stevie will be performing at Caesar's Palace in just 7 days and the show is all I can think about. (I have already obtained the set list!) Again, I don't understand it, can't explain it, but I can't wait. (To my therapist - yes, I will STOP listening to her music after THIS show... Jeesh, give a gay a break.)

After a thorough review of my "records" (i.e., ticket stubs) this will be the 40th time I have seen Stevie (either solo or with Fleetwood Mac) and I think this is a real milestone, especially because I will be 40 in just 5 months! (But don't tell anyone...I still think I will be able to pass for 39.)

To the readers of "Kev's Corner," I will try to refrain from making the next 7 days "All about Stevie..." but thanks, in advance, for indulging me once again.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Now turn the volume on your speakers WAY up and select the link below to hear "Kev's" favorite Stevie Nicks song (the crowd goes nuts when she performs this live and so does "Kev").

The lyrics were written by Stevie (you can figure out what the song means on your own - I won't tell you) but Prince wrote and recorded the music (in just one take).

STAND BACK


Stand Back is a favorite because it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of fun because it is a dancing song. I mean, it's even fun for me, you know, hearing when it starts out. I almost feel like I 'm hearing it coming out of a club or something, so that's why it's so much fun. (I also wrote this song for my friend, "Kev," honest...)

~Stevie Nicks, Radio Interview, WMGK Radio, July 1998

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter