Sunday, November 19, 2006

Memory Lane


Hello EVERYBODY! It is Sunday AGAIN and we are GLAD you have stopped in! This is post #90!

I recently learned how to work the scanner I have had for YEARS now and thought I would share some pictures from my past. I have to ask you, the reader, though, do you like seeing these kinds of pictures or should I stick with the "HOT Guy" fare I usually post? I may "mix it up" but let me know YOUR preference. As you know, we aim to please here at the "Corner..."

Take a brief trip with me down memory lane... The pictures I am sharing today are all random. No rhyme or reason to why I am posting these today. I was looking through a box of pictures (that wasn't taken when I was burglarized) and each of these pictures "spoke to me" for one reason or another...

The photo above was taken in 1990 on a cruise to Freeport in the Bahamas. Keith, the guy to my right, was one of my "best" friends during my college years. "Kev" had a HUGE crush on him ("Princess" can tell you about that since we all worked together for several years...) but, alas, Keith was straight. He later developed a nasty alcohol and drug problem. The only reason I am sharing this picture isn't to talk about Keith, my crush on Keith or Keith's drug problem, BUT to show you, the reader, that "Kev" was once quite THIN (and didn't have a drug problem). Yes, it's true. I was even referred to as "skinny" back then (which I did not like). Oh, and lest you worry, the last time I spoke with Keith, in the mid '90's, he was doing very well and was "off the sauce" (and coke..).

The picture below was taken in 1997, in Phoenix, and is my dog, Barkley James. I loved this dog more than anything. He was the BEST dog, ever. I had Barkley for about 4 years but found a new home for him because I was rarely ever home. I went through an EXTENSIVE search that took WEEKS before finding the right family for Barkley. Barkley is now 14 years old and lives in Scottsdale, Arizona (in a very nice house, I might add). I still exchange Christmas cards with Barkley's family and had visited him several times.

The photo below was taken in May of 1991 when "Kev" graduated from college. I didn't make many friends in college (I was busy working), but these were 3 of them. I also had a HUGE crush on Bill S. (the guy in the picture). Bill liked me too. Shortly before graduating, we went on a few "dates." Don't tell anyone, but "Kev" used to do Bill's homework. I can tell you that under his cap and gown here, Bill was only wearing boxer shorts and a tee-shirt... (Yes, he was HOT.) After graduation, Bill moved to California. The last I spoke with him, in the mid-'90's, he was living and working in Los Angeles and was in a relationship.



The picture below is of Steve, who was "Kev's" "BF" for 5 years. Steve and I met in 1991. Steve and I used to take a lot of weekend trips and I loved all of them. This picture was taken at the mall in Washington D.C. (in the summer, at night). Although I like all of the pictures I have of Steve (he's very cute), this is one of my favorites. The red light you see in the background is the top of the Washington Monument. This picture brought a smile to my face because it took me back to that place and time (which was nice). While I don't like to get too "personal" here at the "Corner," (really, I don't...) Steve was the first person "Kev" was ever "in love" with. We remain friends today. Steve is now in a long-term relationship with Wayne, a really great guy. (Steve is also a BIG Stevie Nicks fan, thanks to "Kev.")



The next photo I will share today is of Rudy, Steve and "Kev's" dog, resting on my FAVORITE sofa. He was the devil in fur, but I loved him too, even when he would bite my feet as I would walk around the house. (He had a sock addiction and didn't care if you were still wearing them and his little teeth were sharp.) I used to kiss Rudy's little paws. When "Kev" and Steve broke up, Rudy stayed with Steve, although he now lives with a family in Schaumburg, Illinois, and is doing well. Rudy is now 12 years old.



The last photo I will share today was taken in 2003 in Phoenix and is of me with, you got it, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham. Another "fan" took this picture. She, (the fan whom I did not know) saw me at another concert in 2005 and told me she had taken a picture of me, and well, here it is... I also have a similar picture (which includes Kitten, since she was with me this evening, but don't like the way I look in it, so am not posting it).



Thanks for stopping in and indulging me. Have a GREAT Sunday, wherever you are!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognized Keith right away - what a blast from the past! I always think of Dolly Parton when I think of Keith...Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene! I'm beggin' of you, please don't take my man!

I sing it to the dog now, but I substitute "Jolie" for "Jolene".

11:48 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Yes, Keith's girlfriend's name was Jolene and the "joke" was to play this Dolly Parton song in my presence (which was horrible, by the way). But look how skinny I was!!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kev,

It is cool that you actually have a picture with SN. The story is, oddly enough, that she lived here in Columbia SC for several months at the Mariott hotel. It was many years ago. A friends Mom was working there at the time and it seems Stevie was in some depressions and she was pretty much a recluse. Needless to say, I never saw her.

James

4:08 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey James!
Did you see that Mario Lopez, your nomination, was featured as a "HOT Guy?" I actually don't like this picture of me (or Stevie) but if you go to the archives for August, there is a better picture (I wasn't as FAT). Have a good week.
Kevin

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter