Thursday, March 01, 2007

FutureSex/LoveShow


It's a new day, aiight.

How is everyone on this first day of March? We trust you're sticking to those resolutions made just two months ago...

First, thanks to those who left a special birthday "shout out" to my "G-Ma" yesterday. It meant a lot, well, to me (and I am sure to her). I spoke with her on her birthday, and, as always, she was as FUNNY as ever (but I can't tell you what she said; it's our secret).

As all of you bitches know, "Kev" and friend "Kit-Kat" attended Justin Timberlake's "FutureSex/LoveShow" on Tuesday night here in Atlanta. The show was AMAZING, FANTASTIC, STUPENDOUS, simply SPECTACULAR. And to think "Kev" was not even planning to attend...

The stage was set in the center of Philips Arena. The floor was "standing room only" which made "Kev" a BIT anxious at first. He wasn't sure he was up to contending with 1,000,001 screaming teens, and of course, dizzy homosexuals (again, I can make the dizzy homosexual reference without offending anyone, since I too am a dizzy homosexual). However, "Kev" and "Kit-Kat" arrived early, downed some Red Bull, saw what they were up against and knew they would have NO problem securing a spot next to the stage. Both seasoned professionals in this area, they practiced the "elbow to the neck" and "kick to the Achilles" maneuvers on a couple of very nice 12-year-old girls from Nantahala, North Carolina, before the doors opened. Yes, they successfully secured spots at the very BASE of the stage... A mere few feet away from JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and PINK (GIGGLE & SCREAM)!


Pink opened the show. First, she looked INCREDIBLE (I haven't used INCREDIBLE yet, have I?) What a sexy little siren. Fit as a fiddle. Wearing knee-high black velvet boots, a short, short skirt and a bustier. She looked, well, HOT! She had "Kev" questioning his sexuality. It was very disturbing. Has "Kev" been living a lie all of these years? Possibly. Anyway, Pink performed ALL of her hits as well as many songs from her latest CD, "I'm Not Dead." The stage show was also, again, INCREDIBLE. At one point in her show, she performed aerial acrobatics, much like Cirque du Solei WITHOUT a harness. I can't truly describe it, but I was in awe. In a word, I love her. Okay, in three words. Her show was well choreographed. Her performance - flawless. Her show alone would have made for an excellent night. "Kev" does have ALL of Pink's CD's and has been a Pink fan for a long time, so seeing her was a real "treat."


When it came time for Justin to take the stage, the energy in the arena increased three-fold. Not an empty seat in the house. There was a little pushing and shoving, some hair pulling and eye poking, but I warned those girls first. Anyhoo, the crowd went NUTS when Justin ascended from under the stage to start his first number. He looked dapper. He exudes sexuality, doesn't he? Justin performed practically EVERY song he has ever recorded. The set was a bit futuristic. Sections of the floor would lower and Justin would appear and disappear throughout the show. Atlanta natives, T.I. and Timberland also performed with Justin. The show was FULL of action - dancers and back-up singers everywhere.


At one point, this is the best part, so pay attention... Justin was performing in front of "Kev" and "Kev" threw Justin the "thumbs up" sign (very suave, right?) to which Justin RETURNED. What he didn't know was that he was in fact agreeing to go home with me. I am still waiting, but I am sure he will be here soon.

All in all, the show was EXCELLENT. Both Justin and Pink's talent and years of training are evident.

"Kev" will add actual photos from Tuesday night's show to this post, including a picture of "Kev" and "Kit-Kat," when he receives them.

If you're in Chicago, you can STILL catch the show! "FutureSex/LoveShow" will be at the Allstate Arena on March 12 & 13. Also, for those of you here in the southeast, you too can catch Justin and Pink at the Gaylord Center (I'm not making that up - that's the name of the place) in Nashville, Tennessee, on March 16th.

Finally, here are two of my favorite songs from Pink's "I'm Not Dead" - "Who Knew" and "U + Ur Hand," each performed last night...

We hope you all have a TERRIFIC Thursday! THANKS, again, for stopping in.

"Kev"



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kev! I enjoyed your review of the show. Perc gave me the link to your blog as I was curious to know what it was about. She told me to tell you that she would be emailing you. See ya around!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a GREAT time! P

3:22 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey "neverafan"! THANKS for stopping in! I will be chatting with you at Perc's place! Have a great day!

P -
As you know, YES, it was a great time..

To everyone else...Someone sent me an email asking if I had meant "FutureSex/LoveSound" instead of "FutureSex/LoveShow," as I had written. While the CD is titled, "FutureSex/LoveSound," the concert tour is in fact called, "FutureSex/LoveShow." Kev does pay attention to details (most of the time) but thought I would mention it, lest we confuse anyone else.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started to get confused when you gushed on and on about Pink. Could you have meant to type Princess? Just kidding!

The show sounds great - be careful in all that crazy tornado weather down there. Around here there is snow on the ground and rain in the sky. Very weird. I hate this time of year. It's just awful - but I have tried to perk myself up by wearing a cute outfit. Bad weather day/cute outfit day.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

LOL. Believe me, I DO gush on and on about you. Aren't your ears burning? I surprised myself (and almost lost my "gay card" by proclaiming to have enjoyed Pink more than JT.) They were both "fabulous," but Pink has so much "attitude" and I like that! Tell us about your new get-up! (I haven't mentioned on the blog how into fashion you are and that Kate Spade is your "Stevie Nicks.") Some guy from that fashion show on Bravo (I can't think of the name of it) was here at Starbucks signing books. Michael someone or another...Anyway, LOVE YA!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter