Sunday, May 20, 2007

Believe


Welcome BACK. It's SUNDAY.

Our "party" continues today!


We would be remiss (and lose our "gay card") if we did not tell you that TODAY is the one and only Cheryl Sarkisian LaPiere's BIRTHDAY. Yes, to the world, she is simply known as CHER! Cher was born on this day back in 1946, making today her 61st birthday. (This should be a national holiday, don't you think?)


So, once again, raise your glass (we know you all drink, a LOT), hoot and holla as we wish Cher a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (Wouldn't it be "super" if she read this?)


Among her many accomplishments in music, television, and film, Cher has won an Academy Award, a Grammy, an Emmy and three Golden Globe Awards (while looking "fabulous" all the while).


Cher is an icon to the gays, and I can only speculate that this is because of her "rags to riches" journey, fine fashion sense (i.e., Bob Mackey gowns), her "take no prisoners" attitude, and her illustrious career in music and film. She has survived in the entertainment industry for more than four decades. She exudes cool, don't you think?




While I haven't met Cher, I have seen her in concert five times over the past ten years. I heard a "rumor" that Cher will be performing at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas on a semi-permanent basis (to replace Celine Dion). If you get a chance to catch her show, "we" recommend it.

I also have a super funny "Cher story," but I can't share it here (it's actually NOT about Cher, it's about me, but Cher is "implicated"). I can't share it here because this is something I am saving for that book I keep telling you all about.

Also, since we are discussing Cher, I want to take this opportunity to tell you that my new nickname for my friend, whom I call "sistah," is now "Britney" (as in Britney Spears). He has blond hair and is very silly, so "Britney" is PERFECT for him. I know, you're thinking, "what does Britney Spears have to do with Cher?" You see, he replied by calling me, "K-Fed." Can you imagine my horror? By way of this post, I am requesting that my friend, "Britney," now refer to me as "Cher" (because, again, she is just very cool) and never, ever, never refer to me as "K-Fed." (J-Lo would also be acceptable.)


Thanks for taking a few minutes out of your day to spend with "us."

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend and that you ALL have a TERRIFIC week!

"Kev" is taking tomorrow "off" but please come back on Tuesday as we "celebrate" someone who is even MORE cool than Cher (if that is even possible).

Much love,

"Kev"

(My "favorite" Cher song... This was popular in 1996 when I lived in Phoenix, so it reminds me of that time. Do you remember it?)




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Sean Hayes shot! :-)

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter