Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hey Now Little Sister


Where does the time go? Welcome back bitches, it's WEDNESDAY!

We are still working to bring you the voice message left for "Princess" by Leslie Jordan (we are not very "technical" here at the "Corner," unfortunately). You see, in order to share an MP3, we must find a "host" web site to house the MP3. We have reached out to our technical advisor and are waiting for some assistance because we really want to share, what I think is a very nice message, with all of you.

We also received a very nice note from our friend Jean, who, as you know, lives in London. Jean in fact "stops in" at the "Corner" when she can. Anyway, Jean shared a couple of things I wanted to pass along to you. 1) Jean was "away on hols" (that's a fancy way of saying "vacation" for you and me) in the Canary Islands (I just wanted to brag about that - I have ALWAYS wanted to go to the Canary Islands, well, since I first heard about them last year. I should say, I have always wanted to go to the Canary Islands since last year!). 2) Jean wanted to let me know that "MAY DAY" is NOT a bank holiday in the U.K., however, the first Monday in May IS! I was there last year on the first Monday in May, which was in fact May 1 (I kept asking for some explanation of why this was a holiday and never really understood it) so I think that's where my confusion came in. 3) Whilst on "hols," Jean spotted someone sporting a "Bored of the Beckhams" tee-shirt. (Can you imagine that? You won't find that shirt in my closet, no sir (or m'am)! Mine would read "Never Bored of the Beckhams.") and 4) Jean ALSO remembered those silly Stevie Nicks greetings on my answering machine circa 1985 - 1987. I can't share the rest of the note because, well, it was written to me, and that would just be rude, right? Anyhoo, THANKS for the note Jean - we always love hearing from you!

Next, some of you know that Princess has been gracious enough to offer up her home this summer so "Kev" can visit with some friends he NEVER gets to see, the "Who's Who" of Chicago high-society, if you ask me. Anyway, anyone who knows "Princess" knows that she is the consummate hostess. She is very busy contemplating the menu and theme and has decided to "sprinkle it with a rainbow," shall we say, because, unlike most of her parties, she understands a few of her guests are, well, ggg-ay. (She wants everyone to feel welcome and even offered to put a rainbow flag out front, when the truth is, the percentage of ggg-ays attending is very small.) I told "Princess" that we need to name the get together (so when we reflect back on it years from now, we will know exactly what we are talking about, which seems to be getting more difficult with each passing year). As an homage to Tyra Banks, Leslie Jordan's "Like A Dog On Linoleum" and gays everywhere, the "working" title is "Hey Hey and a Wuh Wuh, Catch AND Taste The Rainbow, Kick 'er In The Belly Jock, Make That Philly Stand Tall, Hey Now Little Sister" 2007 Party. (That's a LOT to fit on an invitation, but we like it.) "Princess" sent me the photo below so I could preview the prototype rainbow jello she will be serving this evening. (Isn't she the cutest?)


That's all we have today. We hope you are having a GR-EAT week and we say "THANKS for stoppin' in!"

Hugs to you, wherever you are.

"Kev"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, am looking forward to the party at the home of her highness. Might Mr. Beckham be there?

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my...i can't remember when i've seen a more beautiful jello mold. it really is fab-u-lous!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Mr. D!
You have to eat some of the jello - it's being prepared in our honor! Can't wait to see you at summer's end!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Kitten!
I KNOW! Not even the gays make a jello that nice!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew that Jello Brand Gelatin would stir up such a response? In all honesty, that is a very labor intensive jello, but worth it. And it was gone in a jiffy! I tell you, between Bill's overtime at the office, Skippy's tree house construction, and Mary's sewing project, I don't have a moment to spare. I love pretending it's the 50's, don't you?

P.S. I'm wearing my Kev's Corner t-shirt. It's very well made and I highly recommend you get one!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap, i can't believe you really did make the rainbow jello, princess!! You are TOO freaking fabulous.

Can we return to 2007 now?

What can I do to offer my lame-ass domestic services for the Hey Hey and a Wuh Wuh, Catch AND Taste The Rainbow, Kick 'er In The Belly Jock, Make That Philly Stand Tall, Hey Now Little Sister
??

-sar

12:33 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

SAR!
How are ya, babe? Glad your test is O-V-E-R! Did you see that you were one of 3 "contest" questions to win a Kev's Corner tee? I asked the fine readers "when" and "how" we met. Isn't "Princess" the best? She plans to serve Skittles too (hence "Taste The Rainbow," which just sounds dirty, and intriguing, to me). Hope you have a GR-EAT weekend!
Kisses!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter