Monday, May 07, 2007

Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Or Anyone Else)


HEY HEY, you made it!

HAPPY MONDAY everyone. Did you have a nice day? We hope so.

"Kev" was actually "excited" to return to the office today (it was the most rest I have had in days).


Did you hear that our friend, "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," Ty Pennington, was arrested on suspicion of driving whilst intoxicated on Saturday? Ty issued a very humble apology to both his fans and ABC, stating that he made a mistake. I think everyone knows that "Kev" met Ty a few years back when he was here in Atlanta promoting his book, "Ty's Tricks." Yes, I was first in line that night too, although I had him sign the book to a friend of mine, not me (I can be nice sometimes). He was super fun. (He showed us how to make a lamp out of a plunger - no lie!) He isn't "affected" like some of the celebrities I have met. We wish Ty the best.

(I have to tell you - whenever I have shared this picture with anyone, which was a LOT, no one asks about Ty, but they DO ask about the ring I am wearing. This was my "I just met Stevie Nicks" ring which I bought in Las Vegas one year, right after meeting Stevie Nicks. It was not meant to be a "wedding" ring (pa-leez people). Sadly, this ring was among the items taken when my home was burglarized, as was the watch I am wearing. The watch was a "faux" Tag Heuer which I replaced with the real thing. So you see, this story has a happy ending.)


Did you hear the story about the two spiders living in the eardrum of a 9-year-old boy in Oregon? Once removed, one spider was dead, the second still living. I don't like spiders (or snakes).

Responses to an online poll (that I read at work today), revealed that 89% of participants feel Paris Hilton should serve jail time for violating the terms of her probation. I am torn on this topic - what are YOUR thoughts?


Did anyone watch "The Amazing Race - All-Stars" last night? Again, I love this show. I was, however, disappointed in the outcome. "Daters" Eric and Danielle took home the $1,000,000 prize after making it to the final pit stop at the Botanical Gardens in San Francisco. Thanks to Land Lady for hosting. (He was concerned I was going to throw dip at his flat screen TV when the show ended. I refrained.)

Maria Peron, a.k.a., "Evita" was born on this day back in 1919 in Argentina. (Wish I could have met her...)


The Channel Tunnel, "Chunnel," connecting England and France opened on this day back in 1994. Those of you who know "Kev" may know that "Kev" worked for the engineering firm responsible for constructing the "Chunnel" as well as many other famous projects throughout the world. It was an EXCITING company to work for and I never forget that I worked there. They didn't pay me very well, however. (Certainly not enough to ride the Euro Star through the Chunnel, which I finally did last year!)

That's alls I got (more Midwest "speak") for you today ladies and gentlemen.

I hope you all have a GR-EAT evening and a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

"Kev"

In honor of Maria (Eva) Peron, please enjoy this video. (The gays loved it back in 1996. Me, I could take it or leave it.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I totally noticed the ring, too! I probably commented on it the first time I saw the photo, too. But you look great - and I happen to know that your new watch is fab-u-lous!

I love Eva Peron and sometimes wear my hair in a severe bun like that. It's fun to finally have long hair. Was she a meanie? I never saw the movie. Who cares. She was pretty and very stylish.

As for Paris, I say a worse punishment would be to make her live like a regular person for 45 days. Laundry, loading/unloading the dishwasher, vacuuming, weeding the garden, and driving a minivan full of kids around town. That would be a hoot! And not like the Simple Life. Like Real Life.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

You know, I saw that damn movie too many times (grew to resent it almost) and I can't remember all of her accomplishments or why she was both loved and loathed? She was the first lady of Argentina, later ran for president and she championed for women's rights. Her "rainbow tour" (sort of like the one you are having in August) took her throughout Europe in 1947. I doubt she had jello though. As far as Paris doing hard time in suburbia, I'm with you. I don't think she should be put in a cell (I am actually worried about her well-being, as I did with Martha Stewart - just think she will be a target of other, less fabulous, inmates.) I am not condoning drinking and driving by any means (lost a couple family members that way), but it's not like she hurt anyone. You know, I am ready for my second watch and I decided I am going to get it in your home town (left out to protect your anonymity) as sort of tradition. (This way, if it breaks, you can get it fixed for me like you did the first one!)
xoxo

7:51 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

P.S. Your hair ALWAYS looks fabulous. Maybe we should turn the "Hey Hey & a Wuh Wuh - Catch A Rainbow 2007" party into a themed event? I was going to post pictures from the last costume party - I have them all you know!
Kisses!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev -
I stopped in purposely because I knew you would write about the Amazing Race. You are correct. You didn't throw a thing. I think you were too tired from your weekend activites (no names mentioned here). You did spill your soda on the floor though. Glad you could see the new "digs" and thanks for the house warming gift.
Land Lord

8:13 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Land Lady,
First, your DOG knocked my glass over (honest) and second, that's why you have wood floors, right? Your new house is AWESOME. (Can I move there next?) Thank YOU for the b-day gift. You are too kind to me.
Kevin

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter