Sunday, May 13, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY To...


Welcome back! It's SUNDAY!

How is everyone today? We hope you are f-i-n-e, fine.

First, to all of the "moms" that stop in here, we would like to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to each and every one of you! If you were here, we would give you a BIG "Mother's Day" hug.

We have some EXCITING news for you (well, okay, it's just more news "Kev" would like to brag about). Remember in January when "Kev" (and "Kitten") met "HOT Guy" Reichen Lehmkuhl? You know, when I was FIRST in line, got the #1 ticket at his book signing, sat right in front of him, had him sign his book to all of you, and told the other bitches I'd "clock 'em" if they got in my way? Is it coming back to you now? Anyhoo, it was at that time I stated that I wanted to "meet" as many of the "HOT Guys" featured here as I can. Well, next week, "Kev" WILL be meeting another one of our "Friday HOT Guys." We are not going to tell you who it is just yet, however. Intrigued? Good! Stay tuned! (He's super cute, of course.)

Next, we wanted to let you know that "Kev" will be traveling ALL NEXT WEEK and won't be back to the "Corner" (i.e., Atlanta) until Friday. I don't know why I continue offering this up, BUT, if you would like to take the reigns of the "Corner" and write a little "sumpin sumpin" while I am away, let us know. Tell us how your man wronged you, or talk about the lazy bastards you work with who don't know that Good Friday ALWAYS falls on a Friday, or the neighbor kid who stinks up your bathroom. Write about "Kev" if you would like. For example, some of you might recall the time I left you at a party with no way to get home in the middle of winter so I, I mean "Kev," could go home with someone super cute. (Again, sorry about that.) Basically, tell us YOUR tales. (Don't forget to send us your pics too!)

We said we would be "celebrating" all month long. Our party continues today.

A super special person, someone I love treee-men-dous-ly, came into the world on this day back in 1964.

Ladies and gentlemen, please raise your glass because TODAY is my sister, Karen's, 43rd birthday.


What can I say about someone I have known my ENTIRE life? A lot of people I know are not "close" with their sibling(s). Fortunately for me, this isn't the case. While we "fought" like brothers and sisters often do when we were young, by the time we entered our teens, we were close friends. She is super kind and very fun. She has a GREAT sense of humor (always makes me laugh) and is the mother of my nephews, two really cute kids. (She also has PERFECT teeth today! I knew she would want me to mention that.)


She was also somewhat of a miracle baby, arriving two months early and weighing not quite 4 pounds. She was not expected to live and spent her first year hospitalized. To this day, she is a survivor.


It would take me a very long time to recount the many memories I have with, and of, my sister. I don't even know where to begin. So, to Karen, I would simply like to say THANKS for being you and THANKS for being a GR-EAT big sister. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! "We" hope you have a GR-EAT day!

I hope you all have a GR-EAT Sunday and a GR-EAT week ahead.

THANKS, again, for stoppin' in!

"Kev" will be back next Friday.

Much love,

"Kev"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter