Saturday, May 26, 2007

Lady From The Mountain


It's SATURDAY, MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!

Welcome BACK everyone!

Today, our "May Celebration" concludes with a "finale" of sorts.

First, while I do not typically write about "children," I have to break that rule and say "HEY HEY, CONGRATULATIONS" to my oldest nephew who is graduating from high school TODAY. No, my nephew doesn't "stop in" at the "Corner" (it's for the best) but as you know, his mother (my big sister) does. So please raise your glass to my nephew (he's a super cute and charming guy and I just love him).

We have had a good time celebrating some really "special" people this month. People we know and people we would like to meet. Who knew so many AWESOME people were born in the month of May? David Beckham, Lance Bass, Cher, my sister, "HOT Guy" Mr. C., our friend Gina (I couldn't remember WHICH day her birthday fell on, so I was "remiss" in writing about her, but she is as cool as Cher, trust me), and so on... We also saw Ricky Martin up close (remember the "wink") and met Leslie Jordan and Anderson Cooper. And yes, "Kev" finally turned 40 after talking about it for almost a year. I have to say, it was a lot of fun. We also made a new friend. All in all, a pretty good month.

Now, before we conclude our celebration, we have to say "Rock On Gold Dust Woman" to...

STEVIE NICKS!


That's right, Stevie was born in Phoenix, Arizona on this day back in 1948, making today her 59th birthday. (Doesn't she look GR-EAT for her age?) I couldn't think of anyone more suiting to end our month-long celebration.

If you stopped in yesterday, you know that our "Corner Contest" asked three Stevie Nicks-related questions! (We knew TODAY was her birthday which is why we did that...)

Here are the answers from yesterday's "contest" -

#1. In her words, what does Stevie Nicks say her song "Rooms On Fire" is about? "Rooms On Fire is about when you're in a crowded room and you see a kind of person and your heart goes, 'Wow!' The whole world seems to be ablaze at that particular moment." Stevie Nicks, May 1989.

#2. Who has "Kev" said he thinks of when he hears "Rooms On Fire?"
"My "song" for Tim is "Rooms On Fire" which is about someone so attractive and captivating that there is magic all around them. Gay? For sure! But it is true." "Kev," August 2006 (We would have also accepted David Beckham, Ricky Martin, Rusty Joiner, Brad Pitt, Reichen Lehmkuhl, Lance Bass, Andy Roddick, Justin Timberlake, Leonardo DiCaprio, Neil Patrick Harris, George Clooney or Jon Bon Jovi. While not stated anywhere on the blog, it's implicit don't you think?)

#3. Who is the baby Stevie is swinging around in the "Rooms On Fire" video? This was a TRICK question of sorts... While we "reported" the baby in the video was Stevie's niece, Jessica, this is not correct. (Although "Princess" got this right because she read what we reported.) If you purchased (and watched) Stevie's "Crystal Visions" CD/DVD combo, Stevie states that the baby is actually her goddaughter. I was stunned that I reported an incorrect Stevie Nicks fact (can't even blame that one on one of the "staff")! I hate speculation and conjecture (basically, mis-truths) and always try to share the facts, so please accept this retraction.


"Kitten" was the first to "weigh in" with one of the correct answers, naming her husband, Tiger, as the person to whom "Kev" thinks of when he hears "Rooms On Fire." For answering the question and for enduring years of relentless harassment of her husband, both she (and he) will be getting "Kev's Corner" tees! (I love you both.)

If you would like to send Stevie your very own birthday greeting (like "Kev" does every year), visit her official site, "The Nicks Fix" by clicking HERE.

I have to tell you (and this is true) that when I lived in Phoenix, my friends there were very aware of my, um, let's say "fascination" with Stevie Nicks and they would ALWAYS ask me on May 26th (without me prompting or reminding them) how Stevie and I would be celebrating her special day. (Do you think they were teasing me?)

The only reason I ever wanted a child was so I could name it (him/her) "Stevie Nicks." Probably not the best reason to procreate, right? Maybe I'll get a dog instead (a real fabulous one). "Come here Stevie Nicks," I would say. "SIT, Stevie Nicks, no biting." (I mean that as the sincerest form of flattery. Maybe I will just change my name to Stevie Nicks.)

Anyhoo, please raise your glass once again as we wish Stevie Nicks, the "lady from the mountain," a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Now, turn your speakers WAY UP HIGH and DANCE (although this is a slow song, about drugs, which isn't anything to dance about, but we like the song nevertheless).



That's IT for today. Again, be SAFE this weekend, whatever you do!

Hugs,

"Kev"

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pic on the blog today - loves it!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kev! we are sooo excited about the tees...and we love you too! and imagine tiger tim's ego now that he was a contest question answer. and i've gotta live with him!

happy stevie's bday...and don't change your name...please. :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Anon-
Which pic did you like (there are 4 in today's post). I will assume it is the Stevie pic, since that is my FAV. Anyhoo, THANKS for commenting. Come back!
Kevin

5:38 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Kitten,
The tees are "in the mail!" Since you asked, I will NOT change my name but perhaps I WILL get a fish named (not Wanda) but Stevie Nicks.. I need help...
Kisses!

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.....you're amazing! Just how did you get that picture of me in my underwear???

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sadly, "stephanie" (shortened to stevie) was in the running for baby names when i was preggers (an early elimination). when i was 15, "rhiannon" was the only choice. my sisters were seriously concerned that my "little kitty" was gonna be named one of those things. dad was more concerned that i'd pick "rainbow" or "liberty" or "save the whales"...

7:05 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Mr. D! (We have our sources... You look FABULOUS in your Ginch Gonch, by the way!) Can't wait to see you in August!
Kev

8:08 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Kitten -
You are the most bohemian person I know! I love it! I was behind a "Rhiannon" in line at Starbucks one morning (when I lived in San Francisco, of course) and the barista had a really hard time. She finally had to spell it for him, you know, "R" as in red, etc.. but I thought it was cool. (I do, however, like the name "Liberty". I think you should name your next child that! (middle name "Bell")
Kisses!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. D, I triple-dog-dare you to wear some Ginch Gonch to the fete in August! My Mother might need oxygen, but I could have paramedics on standby.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and Kitten, thanks for the congrats to me and Hottie Scottie from the other day. I hadn't yet read all of the comments.

He sent me a beautiful floral arrangement - he's very traditional in his tastes. It was a dozen red roses and lilies in a crystal vase. The poem would make you cry.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

You gotta share the poem!

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

princess,
that's SOOOO sweet! what a catch...and i suspect he's a lucky guy too! i wish i could be there in august...

1:14 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

You all would get along swimmingly. Two strong, intelligent, Italian women with awesome kids and very nice (HOT) husbands. (Oh, and you have ME in common too!)

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter