Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Raise Your Glass One More Time!


(Insert your FAVORITE greeting here.)

What's up folks? We've ALMOST made it to Wednesday!

I told you that our May celebration would continue today, so get the chips, strap on your party hat and get ready to dance.

Today is another "special" day here at the "Corner" because, you see, it was on this day 39 years ago that our friend, "Mr. C.," made his entrance into the world (and I can only imagine he arrived in style in a Nissan 280Z). "Mr. C.," you might recall, was one of "Kev's" BEST friends back in high school (which was a super long time ago). For those of you who are new here at the "Corner" (and for those of you who may not remember), this is all you need to know about "Mr. C." - he's HOT. (Why mince words, right?) He is super nice, super smart and super fun (and it doesn't hurt that he has a killer smile and infectious laugh). He is someone, after many years, I have not forgotten. (It's also really FUN when your "secret" high school (heterosexual/married) crush finds out that you had a "secret" crush on them. Now I can just shamelessly embarrass him, until he, or his wife, beat me up).

On a "serious" note, Mark is someone I both like and respect. (And there's a difference, you know...) He is the kind of person that I would say, "what you see is what you get" (no pretenses). After all these years, he hasn't changed much. (He even still has all of his hair.) He made life better for me when it wasn't so good (a long, long, time ago) and I credit him (as well as the others I "ran" with back then) for the positive peer pressure I received. (Don't get me wrong - we did some underage drinking too. We weren't losers you know...)

So, again, raise your glass (you big bunch of drunks) and help "us" say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our friend, Mark, a tremendous human being.

I have a LOT of pictures of Mark from "back in the day" but I failed to secure a signed release form from him prior to this writing, so I am sharing pictures of Brad Pitt (cause he is HOT like Mark is).

Our "party" will continue in just a few days. The "finale" celebrating the month of May will end on Saturday, when we "celebrate" someone else "Kev" l-o-v-e-s. Any guesses?

Mark shares his "special" day with "super" model Naomi Campbell, who, unlike Mark, is a real bitch. Naomi was born on this day 37 years ago. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Naomi. Try a little kindness this year, okay? Maids don't like when you throw cell phones at their heads.

Finally, turn your speakers up high, and click HERE or HERE for some classic songs (that remind me of Mark).

Much love,

"Kev"


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, thanks 'Kev' for the kind words! It's probably for the best that you didn't post any of those pics from 'back in the day' (although I wouldn't have minded), because then it would be obvious that I really DON'T have all my hair... I'll be raising my glass to you as well - and am looking forward to a year of saying '39 (no, really!)' when asked about my age...(and then many years after that of just '39'!).

6:56 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Mr. C!! Happy birthday! You thirty-something, you. I was thinking about you today and I meant to publish this post earlier in the day, but that damn job of mine keeps interfering. I actually didn't want to post the pictures I have because of the Miami Vice-like get ups I am wearing. I hope you had a great day and I will bring your "present" (a genuine Kev's Corner tee) when I see you in August! (You're still comin' right? JoAnn is making jell-o!)
Hugs! (Can I say that to a straight guy?) -

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on! I wanna see the perm! And he'd better be coming in August. "Sar" and I want to turn him gay once and for all.

Just kidding "Mrs. C"!

Happy Birthday "Mr. C"!

Kev, you'll like this...Justin Timberlake is booming from my daughter's room.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Awesome! Your daughter could be my BEST friend.
MC - Just don't eat the jello - that's what "turned" me, I am certain.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does mr c. look like brad pitt, or are those just random photos??

10:58 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey Kitten! Yes, spittin' image. Twins, I'd say! (The first picture you see here is the one I actually have framed on my desk...Gay? AB-SO-LOOT-LEY! Kisses!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter