Monday, June 11, 2007

La La La La - I Can't Hear You


Hey bitches (should that be capitalized?)! It's MONDAY!

"Kev" is feeling BACK to normal today (YAY!). While all 3 Stevie Nicks concerts were GR-EAT, I am glad to see my portion of the tour end (until July, possibly). I won't write about the shows because, well, I don't think the kind folks here care, but I WILL tell you that "Kev" shook hands with Stevie again on Friday night. If I were a betting man (which I am - LOVE the roulette table, don't you), I am inclined to say Stevie does in fact recognize me from the 45 shows and 5 personal meetings we have had. Why you ask? (Okay, nobody asked.) BECAUSE, you see, (this is EXCITING so you may want to sit down, or stand up, whatever works for you) when Stevie approached all of the fans clamoring for her hand where "Kev" was standing, she surveyed the crowd with her eyes and then selected, get ready... ME (and a couple others, but ME first, which is the way I like it)! Instead of telling her "I love you," I switched it up and simply said, "Thank you."

While I said I wouldn't write about Stevie, I will tell you that in addition to "Cowgirl," I also met "Gold Dust Woman" this week, who was a (super scary, yet effeminate looking) man. I (we) had the unfortunate experience of sitting near "Gold Dust Woman" on Friday night, who was WAAAASTED before Stevie even came on. He/she entertained the crowd by casting spells on them, falling down, slurring the words to every song and getting a little of his barf on my new shoes. He teetered on the edge of crazy. We tried giving him some extra encouragement that might get him tossed out, including spilling a little beer on him. If you locked eyes with him, he became transfixed. You were the object of his sorcery until he became more disoriented and fell down. I shielded his gaze by holding my left hand to my face/eyes the majority of the show and saying "la la la la....I can't hear you" when he would talk to me.

Again, THANKS to "Kitten" for her contributions. I have to tell you, when we discussed adding "Kitten" to the staff, she asked what she might write about. I shared the "formula" with her, which is, open the post by calling them a "bitch" (they love it), soften it with a "Welcome BACK," capitalize for emphasis, or if you want to yell at them, and put as "many" "words" "in" "quotes" "as" "you" "can." It's a pretty simple formula but I'd say she mastered it, wouldn't you? For those of you who may want to contribute in the future, take note. Anyhoo, "THANKS" "AGAIN" "KITTEN!"

It was GR-EAT seeing everyone in Chicago! "Princess," et al, are, as always FABULOUS. It was also GR-EAT seeing my sister, her newly decorated abode and my really handsome nephews, who are now both taller than I am. I have to say, my sister, not me, got the "decorating gene."

Okay, enough personal chat, don't you think?

According to a recent CNN poll, Hillary Clinton leads the Democrats in New Hampshire after the last round of debates, with 36% of Democrats stating they back Hillary. Barack Obama is in second place with 22% of the votes and my boyfriend, John Edwards, is in third. Again, links for all three of these folks can be found to the right (for your convenience).

Paris Hilton spoke with Barbara Walters yesterday (called her collect). Paris said she is using this time to reflect on how she can make the world a better place when she is released. I don't have anything comical or witty to say about this. I can't find even one person (except Paris, and maybe her mother) who feels sorry for her as I do. I am not a parent (except to a suspiciously large spider I do not have the heart to kill), but I had a hard time watching Paris cry (which is why I don't watch "The Bachelor" "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" or "America's Funniest Home Videos").

Dermot Mulroney and Catherine Keener are divorcing after 17 years of marriage. I didn't even know either were married, especially to one another, so this news comes as both sad and surprising. (Okay, I am kidding. I don't care. What do we say? GOOD FOR YOU! It's probably for the best.)

Isaiah Washington was told last Thursday that he will NOT be returning to "Grey's Anatomy." I realize this is old news, but since we hadn't commented on it yet, I thought I would mention it. (Again, we say, GOOD FOR YOU! It's probably for the best.)

That's IT for today. I hope you ALL have a GR-EAT week. I am happy to be home and rested!

Much love,

"Kev"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your clever little "good for you" didn't escape me, Kev! I didn't know they were married, either.

My daughter has four friends sleeping over tonight. I'm already tired and want them to go home.

You never told me that you got a little barf on your new shoes. Curse you, Gold Dust Woman!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and "GR-EAT" "JOB", "KITTEN"

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back, kev! i'm glad you got to touch Stevie again...even if you did get a little barf on your shoes in your quest...

11:27 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

First, I am "way" jealous, since I should be at that sleep over! I am, after all, your OTHER 12-year-old daughter... YES, I stepped in that bastard's barf. It was simply horrific. I rinsed them off in the sink at Steve's house. He doesn't know it, but I placed a spell on him too. I think it worked because he was laying in the aisle after the show was over. Maybe he just OD'd, I don't know...

11:30 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

KITTEN!
Yes, the barf bothered me somewhat. Can you imagine? BRAND NEW SHOES that Princess helped me shop for! Give l'il kitty and tiger HUGS for me. I hope you had a GR-EAT Monday!!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter